The online racing simulator
Some Problems with T300RS and TH8A
Hello,

i got a Problem with my T300RS Wheelbase and my TH8a Shifter. So when i am in game, the game recognizes the T300RS flawlessly and it feels directly great. But the game won't recognize my TH8A shifter? I can't bind the keys in the options menu. No matter what i do. I also tried the H-Pattern settings and everything.

My shifter is connected directly to the T300RS Wheelbase. Could this be the problem? Is there any solution?
so when i plug my th8a directly to the pc via usb, i can bind the keys in the options menu but i cant shift ingame?
Make sure the gear shift mode is set to shifter.
Attached images
LFS1699818365-1782x1000.jpg
#4 - gu3st
Quote from gramoflanz :so when i plug my th8a directly to the pc via usb, i can bind the keys in the options menu but i cant shift ingame?

TH8A on PC isn't supported via wheelbase, only USB.

The wheebase route is for console
I have no way of testing it as I only have T300RS and no h-shifter, but I find it realy hard to beleive that once you plug the shifter in the wheelbase it must show each gear as a button press. Can you show us your TM control panel and tab for shifter? The wheelbase firmware is made in such a way that it has some buttons alocated via HID descriptor regardles if shifter is connected or not.

Good news is that if you plug the shifter to a PC that lfs can see some buttons are pressed when ypu shiftinto gear. Then make sure that you set axis clutch and a pattern h-shifter. Then bind clutch pedal to the corresponding clutch axis and make sure that the car you are driving needs a throttle blip before the gear shift.
#6 - gu3st
Quote from rane_nbg :I have no way of testing it as I only have T300RS and no h-shifter, but I find it realy hard to beleive that once you plug the shifter in the wheelbase it must show each gear as a button press. Can you show us your TM control panel and tab for shifter? The wheelbase firmware is made in such a way that it has some buttons alocated via HID descriptor regardles if shifter is connected or not.

Good news is that if you plug the shifter to a PC that lfs can see some buttons are pressed when ypu shiftinto gear. Then make sure that you set axis clutch and a pattern h-shifter. Then bind clutch pedal to the corresponding clutch axis and make sure that the car you are driving needs a throttle blip before the gear shift.

The shifter, when plugged into the wheel base on PC, only functions in sequential mode (emits the same button as up/down shift paddle).

Attached are screenshots from the TH8A manual.
Attached images
Screenshot 2023-11-14 092734.png
Screenshot 2023-11-14 092758.png
Screenshot 2023-11-14 092844.png
Oh I see now, this is a very bad move from TM, tnx for clearing it up. How do you even plug the th8a in the PC? You need some kind of an interface that will convert it into a HID.
#8 - gu3st
Quote from rane_nbg :Oh I see now, this is a very bad move from TM, tnx for clearing it up. How do you even plug the th8a in the PC? You need some kind of an interface that will convert it into a HID.

The shifter has about 10 inches of cable which terminates in a an aviation-like connector (with threaded collar to keep the connection sturdy which Thrustmaster includes 2 cables that can connect to it. One terminates in a mini-DIN connector that can be connected to the wheelbase. The other one terminates in USB.

I think it's a fine move considering the limitations of consoles.
I see, tnx for explanation. Then the interface is inside that usb extension cable.
Quote from rane_nbg :I see, tnx for explanation. Then the interface is inside that usb extension cable.

I think it's just in the shifter itself as others (Ricmotech) do produce the USB cable as well as a replacement part (although you can also get it directly from Thrustmaster too)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG