The online racing simulator
Improve Fuel Consumption
(7 posts, started )
Improve Fuel Consumption
How about improving the way fuel consumption currently works in LFS?

How it works now
When the engine is in neutral and just running, its not using any fuel.

How it could work
When the engine is in neutral and running idle, the fuel tank should decrement at least some sort of value.
i.e. 0.1 Litre every tick or so.

The reason I'm posting this is because its a bit of a hassle to calculate L/100 km with insim. I won't get into that here though.
3g_fl_pc_pl %.2f%% per lap
3g_fl_pc_it %.2f%% in tank
3g_fuel_sta Fuel load at start : %.0f%%
3g_fuel_pit Fuel to add in pit stop : %.0f%%

This is whole contents of my Polski.txt language file. As you can see you can change precision to whatever you want. I set my game to Polish language in options but because I guess there are no other lines my game is actually in English. If you use LFS in your language just find these lines and edit. You can experiment with various precisions without relaunching the game using Shift+F5 key combination. First two lines are for F12 menu and other for Shift+P menu.
Quote from jackson93 :

This is whole contents of my Polski.txt language file. As you can see you can change precision to whatever you want. I set my game to Polish language in options but because I guess there are no other lines my game is actually in English. If you use LFS in your language just find these lines and edit. You can experiment with various precisions without relaunching the game using Shift+F5 key combination. First two lines are for F12 menu and other for Shift+P menu.

Thanks for that, i got it set up with 8 decimals.
How old is that clip of yours? It doesn't decrement for me. A bit odd really.

EDIT: I'm using the latest test patch.
I recorded it today (0.7A), I used XRG. I've got auto clutch enabled.
Quote from jackson93 :

learn something new every day!

Improve Fuel Consumption
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG