The online racing simulator
Binding F9-F12 to the wheel
(11 posts, started )
Hi everyone.

After reading and looking around a lot, i havent found a way to bind F9 and F10 to my wheel (which is a crappy bit of plastic btw)

I like cheking tyre temp and damage often and i am making lots of mistakes mainly when driving the fastest cars, where you dont have much time to relax and look.

Any help would be appreciated
#3 - dev
I solved that in Logitech gaming software. One button cycles F9-F10-nothing and the other one F11-F12-nothing
You don't need to use the profiler, you can set it up right in LFS. You set the /press command to whatever key on the keyboard, and you can bind it to your wheel. (I think this is with the test patches, and will be a feature in final patch)

See the picture. Have fun
Attached images
special_keys.jpg
wow.. i never noticed that one

but thats only the F# buttons so..
Quote from XCNuse :wow.. i never noticed that one

but thats only the F# buttons so..

No it is any button. The CTRL+button is just the keyboard shortcut for whatever the command line is.

The CTRL+button or any assigned wheel/controller button will use whatever command you fill in on the left....

/press esc, /press F12, etc etc. It is all possible You have 12 possible configurations, that is plenty.
#8 - abz1
The lfscript contains mainly scawens examples, the zip file contains a f9-f12 script scroller, a script which allows you to adjust the fuel using the wheel and adjust the arb values. All of these are included in the zip file.

All you need to do is extract the files into your "lfs\data\scripts\" folder and then goto lfs... options... control then text keys and assign your wheel button.

Once you get a look at the actual files you'll realise how easy it is.

Hope this helps.
Attached files
lfsscripts.zip - 1.7 KB - 173 views
#9 - SamH
Don't forget, guys, that the new script system is so far only part of the test patch. It's not incorporated into an official patch as yet. Lots of Patch U users, who aren't participating in the public test patches, will hit a bit of a brick wall when they try to use scripts to assign button assignments
It's a good system, I've managed to replace my entire Logitech profiler configuration with LFS scripts. with cycling indicators/hazards, views, and a shifting system that has a push-button 3rd gear selector.

I also have the D-pad (DFP) set to various messages (good pass etc) that automatically switches to arrow functionality when the F11 or F12 menus are selected. There are some quite complex tricks available already and with a few extra commands (basic logic functions etc) we'd have a powerfull tool at our disposal.
Quote from abz1 :The lfscript contains mainly scawens examples, the zip file contains a f9-f12 script scroller, a script which allows you to adjust the fuel using the wheel and adjust the arb values. All of these are included in the zip file.

All you need to do is extract the files into your "lfs\data\scripts\" folder and then goto lfs... options... control then text keys and assign your wheel button.

Once you get a look at the actual files you'll realise how easy it is.

Hope this helps.

Thx. That can be very useful in when the final version arrives

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG