The online racing simulator
Few Suggestions/Request
(12 posts, started )
Few Suggestions/Request
First, please dont flame me because im speaking on behalf of Japanese racing enthusiasts. (To Developers: You may find this utterly useless if you *HATE* japanese style racing)

1) Id like to suggest adding mountain courses/mountain passes featuring japanese style roads with narrow road passes (with elevating/descending grounds, bumps and other road hazards). This may be reasonable because "Drifting" also plays a big part in community of LFS.

2) Reallistic Transmission system - Being able to slowly break the engine after overheating it and/or over revving it. This should be added as server option to allow or disallow internal damage.

3) Performance customization for certain model of cars. I realize there are different models of cars for a reason, however, i find it rediculous on the side of realism considering that ALL same types of cars have exact same horse power and torque. Maybe you developers can figure out a way to add performance parts to a car with simple click(s). (example: XR can be turbo'd or supercharged with a simple click instead of having to choose a whole new set of model of car). So you can end up having cars with actual different specs and unique individualism (from the inside as well).

4) Adding Night-time with Realtime lighting effects from headlight and tail light of cars.

5) Lastly, as many requested AND suggested, being able to add community crafted custom tracks (or maybe even a track maker).

I gave my suggestions, you folks may find some suggestions really absurd but I know atleast 1 suggestion of mine will be heard by the dev team.
I can honestly tell that every single one of these has been suggested and discussed to death already. Try the search function or check the Improvement Suggestions Log thread, they're real nifty :up:

I'm sure one or more of the natives will inform you why everything you've mentioned (except for engine damage) isn't likely to see the light of day in LFS.
Quote from SirusGTO720 :First, please dont flame me because im speaking on behalf of Japanese racing enthusiasts. (To Developers: You may find this utterly useless if you *HATE* japanese style racing)

1) Id like to suggest adding mountain courses/mountain passes featuring japanese style roads with narrow road passes (with elevating/descending grounds, bumps and other road hazards). This may be reasonable because "Drifting" also plays a big part in community of LFS.

What would suit LFS is a circuit comprised of two or three hillclimbs. Although I would rather have it Alpine set or maybe even good Cantabrian mountian scenery. If I could be arsed to scan my holiday snaps in, I'd post some pics. I personally don't drift (well, more can't ) but I would welcome a hillclimb (not like pikes peak, like Goodwood FoS, Prescott (no, not that f*ckwit) etc.)

Quote :2) Reallistic Transmission system - Being able to slowly break the engine after overheating it and/or over revving it. This should be added as server option to allow or disallow internal damage.

+1 for fryable engines ... we even the GTRs up by making the FZR engine more like a hand grenade

But that's planned.

Quote :3) Performance customization for certain model of cars. I realize there are different models of cars for a reason, however, i find it rediculous on the side of realism considering that ALL same types of cars have exact same horse power and torque. Maybe you developers can figure out a way to add performance parts to a car with simple click(s). (example: XR can be turbo'd or supercharged with a simple click instead of having to choose a whole new set of model of car). So you can end up having cars with actual different specs and unique individualism (from the inside as well).

That is a suggestion, as nice as it sounds, that would be unworkable for Online play as everyone would just have the stupidest turbo. The most interesting online racing is normally between the same car

Quote :4) Adding Night-time with Realtime lighting effects from headlight and tail light of cars.

+1, but that's being planned for S3. Good 24 hour endurance racing.

Quote :5) Lastly, as many requested AND suggested, being able to add community crafted custom tracks (or maybe even a track maker).

rFactor has modding, but there are problems with wrong versions. However, it might be done after S3.
Quote from duke_toaster :
rFactor has modding, but there are problems with wrong versions. However, it might be done after S3.

Sure there are allways problems with wrong versions, but thats not the main problem. Its the fact that most of the modded games (i know) are not able to make it visibile which version the server is currently running at. Btw. i think even the community is part of that and a nicely updated forum like this is the best basic we need to have mods and tracks.

Cant wait for the day i can jump into my F40 LM and give it a go at the mother, the glen, isle of man, Rouen and and and ... With the LFS engine it would be the ultimative blast and a unique expirience.
#5 - ajp71
What Hankstar said
#7 - ajp71
Quote from 510N3D :working for the Sadness ratings huh

I spam the board far too much even without having to think about my post count, I think I've actually moved down the list over the last month of so, which can only be a good thing
I agree with almost all the suggestions, though the mod thing could wait .Let's just get all the even more important stuff such as aero physics perfected before we actually start modifying cars.

Once the physics are almost finalized, then I'll welcome all proper race mods. Just don't include the usual street tuner stupidities (heard of the 18 inch Honda Civic Syndrome? Honda Civic + 18 inch wheels + rubberbands +3 inch suspension drop = broken lower wishbones + buckboard ride + no real track performance.
Duke, your comment about frying the engines, in S1 if you redlined you would fry it, in S2 its still there (try shifting from 6th to N in any car) just heavily toned down, and I assume that Scawen will re-implement it with Engine temperatures (the meters are already on the dashboard..)

OH NOES, I am now in 60th on the Sadness Ratings... <.<
im glad u guys agree with me for the most part, im a touge fanatic so u gotta understand me :]
i dont think u will meet toogay here 'cos its a racing sim.

so no narrow track there i think, not untill "rally pack" if it arrives.

but i can imagine a circuit with long twisty uphill (good for hillclimbing), "col de tourini" pass, downhill and long straight in tunnel - there could be a racing circuit with such layout, but its the devs game.
"its a racing sim"

Exactly, thats more so of a reason why they SHOULD add mountain passes. Touge style racing is still racing (you can grip and/or drift), Simulation just means imitation or enactment. So i dont see why they shouldnt.

Or if they're not willing to add it because they're too euro/american... Then its a no go i guess sigh.

"no narrow track there i think, not untill "rally pack" if it arrives"

Hope they do add rally pack! cant will till the modding community gets to kick in and make STi's run on the dirt

Few Suggestions/Request
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG