The online racing simulator
Mod Skin template
(5 posts, started )
Mod Skin template
Hi there!

A few days ago i wanted to create a little skin for the Prototype 2 https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/8A8457?skins for my own usage. I downloaded the attached Skin Template Kit which contains a PSD file.

I use Gimp (Linux) when creating a skin for default cars and i had no problems with it so far. The P2 template is 2048x2048. I used to do the same stuff as before with the default templates: adding layers, colouring selected areas and finally exporting the file as JPG. But this time everything looked out of order after copying and loading the skin in the gameclient. I resized it the PSD to 1024x1024, did all the work again, but at the end with the same result. I even loaded the DDS from the game folder, but again everything is on the wrong place.

Looks like i am doing something wrong here and i prolly need some enlightenment.
Do i have to stretch the PSD file before and if so to what aspects?

Thanks!
The cause might be that the psd is outdated - they updated skin mapping of the car and have not updated the attached template kit. You can always get your template in garage directly from the mod - go to colors tab and click on generate skin template.
Oh, ok. I was searching and reading a lot in the forum the last days, but did not find the solution.
Your hint explains it, many thanks for that! Thumbs up

Yes, i know the option with generating the (wireframed) skin file from the garage, but that do not work for me. I use Linux since the mid 90s. The game works really fine with WINE (Staging), but copy/paste of graphic files via the wine clipboard do not work yet (only text works). And sadly an option of saving the skin template from the garage to a file do not exist. It's the same with the 3D Editor.

I think i will ask for an updated template.
Thats cool Cool - Thank you very much Johney Thumbs up

Mod Skin template
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG