XF GT TURBO
(4 posts, started )
XF GT TURBO
Vehicle mod: XF GT TURBO
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/5BECBA

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :A "Factory" Turbocharged XF

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :A XF made to compete with TBO class cars. Similar power to weight ratio with a TBO, a newly developed double wishbone rear suspension along with a revised front suspension which helps reduce the possibility of a roll over when using stickier tires (yes, slicks included in track set) and adds longevity when jumping/bouncing. This car is fun and should be a direct competitor with the FXO but not as fast as the XF GTi-R

COVER SCREENSHOT:
after several testing about this XF Turbo of yours, the only I feel that this car is more like modified spec-up car rather than factory turbocharged car, also compared to TBO car mostly, this is waaaay too fast, the turbo spools too fast, the handling are too race-y to attack every corner on RO2 track, which as per my experience, any TBO available are quite sluggish through the corner and accelerates way too lazy with its default setup

what's your philosophy about this car btw? is this a factory tuned version, i.e. Nismo or Mugen, to compete with stock default "premium" TBO classes, or what? otherwise I love how the car react, it's so precise even I just with mouse driving around rockingham tracks Big grin
Quote from ivancsx :after several testing about this XF Turbo of yours, the only I feel that this car is more like modified spec-up car rather than factory turbocharged car, also compared to TBO car mostly, this is waaaay too fast, the turbo spools too fast, the handling are too race-y to attack every corner on RO2 track, which as per my experience, any TBO available are quite sluggish through the corner and accelerates way too lazy with its default setup

what's your philosophy about this car btw? is this a factory tuned version, i.e. Nismo or Mugen, to compete with stock default "premium" TBO classes, or what? otherwise I love how the car react, it's so precise even I just with mouse driving around rockingham tracks Big grin

Well, i just saw this today so forgive me for the delay in reply.

Off the line performance is greater than TBOs but at speed, the TBO cars have an edge, but i might detune it a little bit. It's hard to rely simply on the PWR figure because of many variables that can affect the overall "speed" of the car. For example a LX4 has a PWR of 285/ton which makes it "faster" than a FZ5 but in reality it's more in the TBO range.

I tried making the default set as "road compliant" as possible. I can always make it softer, but what really makes this thing great is the suspension geometry and not the setup by itself. The rear suspension was inspired by what Hondas come with from the factory instead of your typical trailing arm suspension found in 99.9999999 percent of FWD cars.

I purposely made the engine have little lag. It's supposed to be a small quick spooling turbo type engine you find in modern cars nowadays. I can't stand the lag in the XRT, although FXO and RB4 has acceptable lag.
Linear torque curve was my goal (dyno sheet attatched) not a peaky engine or else i would have went N/A
My philosophy was to have something along the lines of a Fiesta ST type car, really.

Thanks for the input, i appreciate it!
Attached images
xftdyno.jpg
Return to manual transmission please, his playing was much better with the manual

XF GT TURBO
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG