The online racing simulator
mod pollution
(5 posts, started )
#1 - uf1
mod pollution
There are really too many mods in lfs. Although this situation is not a big problem for me, it creates a mod pollution in a lfs. For example, let's say there are 3 of the same mode. The difference between these 3 is only engine power or rims. My recommendation is that if there is more than one mode, other variants of that mode should be an option for that mode.
Or to put it another way; you can prevent mods below a certain scale from being accepted. For example, some players only add an engine to a mod made by other players and ask you for approval. In other words, if there is no radical change in the mod, I think the acceptance of those mods should be stopped.
#2 - AR92
Well, it's not possible for some situations, for example the situation which the 3d model of the mod is licensed as BY-NC (or something like that i don't clearly remember which is which at the moment) with other saying the situation you have to keep derivatives on. And people are free to do everything with your mod when your mod licensed as that, doesn't matter you like their work or not, or it has remarkable changes or not. So it's not looking that possible to me at the moment.
Quote from uf1 :There are really too many mods in lfs. Although this situation is not a big problem for me, it creates a mod pollution in a lfs. For example, let's say there are 3 of the same mode. The difference between these 3 is only engine power or rims. My recommendation is that if there is more than one mode, other variants of that mode should be an option for that mode.
Or to put it another way; you can prevent mods below a certain scale from being accepted. For example, some players only add an engine to a mod made by other players and ask you for approval. In other words, if there is no radical change in the mod, I think the acceptance of those mods should be stopped.

I agree that the number and quality of mods is problematic. Rather than prohibiting or seeking further control, I propose a clearer and more rational organization so that everyone can see directly what interests them.
I made a suggestion for a new interface here.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2058501#post2058501
#4 - BeNoM
It's not really the amount of mods that's the issue, it's the lack of filters and sorting in the mod menu.
#5 - URUQ
Quote from BeNoM :It's not really the amount of mods that's the issue, it's the lack of filters and sorting in the mod menu.

and lack of optimalization of it like lod 1 2 3 etc or game overall with that many different models driving around

mod pollution
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG