Suggestion: Vehicle Exiting and Walking Feature
Dear LFS community,

I'd like to propose an idea that I believe could further enhance the immersion and experience of our beloved game, especially for cruise servers.

The idea I'd like to discuss revolves around introducing a new feature: the ability to exit your vehicle and take a stroll on foot. I envision this as an optional feature, primarily aimed at the vibrant cruise servers where we engage in city driving. While racing will always be the core of LFS, I believe that adding the option to step out of your vehicle could introduce a new dimension to our gameplay.

Key features of this concept would include:

Optional Functionality: This feature would be entirely optional and could be enabled or disabled by server administrators/hosts. This way, players on cruise servers could enjoy the added function and exit/enter their vehicle, while pure racing servers can maintain their focus on the thrill of the race, and force the driver to stay in their car.

Safety First: To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all players, an unsolid body mechanic could be implemented when the player has left his/her vehicle. This would prevent exited players from being affected by collisions with vehicles, much like the approach seen in games like GTA.

Personal Vehicle Interaction: Players would only be able to exit and re-enter their own vehicles, adding an element of realism and preventing any potential griefing scenarios.

I believe that implementing such a feature could open up a world of new possibilities for our community. Imagine meeting fellow players on the virtual streets, engaging in impromptu interactions, and adding an extra layer of realism to the city driving experience we all enjoy.

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this idea. Let's discuss the potential benefits, concerns, and ways to make this feature blend seamlessly into the world of Live For Speed. Together, we can contribute to the evolution of LFS.

i think you're looking for GTA Online
Looney Looney Looney Looney Looney Looney Looney Looney Looney
I like the idea! Big grin
While we're at it, how about adding guns and weapons, such that we can use those tanks, planes, and submarines and recreate historical battles in a more immersive experience? Smile

No tnx, this is not a good idea. Just the thought of all the technical challenges of animating a driver character makes my brain hurt.

edit: in VR you can actually step outside of your car and lie next to it for example Smile
have unity bean and ground height free view features and done. unnecessary imo but cool idea. not for lfs unfortunately

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG