The online racing simulator
Bass-Driver to MySQL Connection New Version
Hi Bass-Driver, here is the new version of lapper I want from you. Using LAPPERIN's own database, sqlite3, is really difficult and complicated for me, and it makes it difficult for me to import or transfer data to other places. What I want from you is to add the MySQL connection to LFSLAPPER and I think that database operations can be done more easily with MySQL. Because I'm making more cruise-oriented systems, not just racing games made in the game, and it would be nice if a MySQL connection could be made just like in my game, it would be great if you could add MySQL support in new versions of lapper.
I have no experience with MySQL or any knownledge of databases. Or the time / motivation to work on the LFSLapper source. Even with adding a new database system, it will cost ALOT time to figuring out how to add it within LFSLapper. So its a no for me.
It took already alot of time to add the MOD functionality, which i have no idea how i made it work, even with the help of the awesome lfs community.

But still SQlite is fine for the purposes LFSLapper has to offer. No way to add a another complicated system to LFSLapper which may require an external APP to function.

So there are 3 options
  • You use the current SQLite database and its functionality within LFSLapper.
  • You move to Insim.net library.
  • You add MySQL to LFSLapper yourself , the code is opensource.
Since the app is open-source, it should not be too difficult to change the connection type from SQLite to MySQL. You'll get some errors after changing the connection type with exact lines and fixing them one by one should get you straight to the finish. Both DBs use similar syntax, so it should not be a major task. You can check the process of dumping SQLite and converting it to MySQL syntax from websites like this one, a lot of information in there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG