The online racing simulator
Horrible game lag mid gameplay
(11 posts, started )
Recently LFS has been freezing in such a way that it makes my ENTIRE laptop freeze. There's no "certain" time where this happens, it might happen 5 minutes after I join a MP server or 30 minutes after. I've had this happen once, but I defrag'd both my drives and it worked fine. Not this time, though. And for the record - LFS is the only game that this issue has been happening on. Any ideas why?
It might be a hardware issue... since it started happening on other games. But the thing is... it's happening on *old* games, been having the same issue on UG1.
If your entire pc freezes, that sounds like some idle state issue with a disk drive, that it's not able to wake from once it activates. Not sure how to fix it, try to look for some power-saving options for HDD in bios and disable it.
o poblema pode estar relacionado com sua placa grafica .proceesador influencia muito durante esses anos de live for speed tive uma maquina fraca e uma internet ruin que influencia muito no jogo o vilao tanbem pode ser o wi fi que por vez outra pessoa utilizando causa um lag horrivel eu no seu lugar compraria um nootgamer atual um pc porque como vc sabe o lfs esta sendo atualizado e ficando pesado para pc e nootbook antigo eu tive esse problema troquei de pc para um moderno e uma net mais rapida de e fibra otica e agora consigo correr de boa
Quote from rane_nbg :If your entire pc freezes, that sounds like some idle state issue with a disk drive, that it's not able to wake from once it activates. Not sure how to fix it, try to look for some power-saving options for HDD in bios and disable it.

The game is installed in my SSD. And I've disabled those power-saving options already. And now the issue isn't happening in UG1 anymore, only if I start streaming the gameplay of the game on Discord.

Quote from juliao :o poblema pode estar relacionado com sua placa grafica .proceesador influencia muito durante esses anos de live for speed tive uma maquina fraca e uma internet ruin que influencia muito no jogo o vilao tanbem pode ser o wi fi que por vez outra pessoa utilizando causa um lag horrivel eu no seu lugar compraria um nootgamer atual um pc porque como vc sabe o lfs esta sendo atualizado e ficando pesado para pc e nootbook antigo eu tive esse problema troquei de pc para um moderno e uma net mais rapida de e fibra otica e agora consigo correr de boa

As minhas specs não são más para um jogo destes, consigo rodar o jogo a 100+ fps com gráficos em médio e a resolução nativa (1080p). Mas o meu portátil começa a travar em momentos aleatórios...
It's good that you were able to narrow down under what conditions the freezing occurs. Yeah, really hard to say why it happens, I can't say if this is a software or a hardware problem.

I experienced a similar problem on a very very expensive HP laptop workstation that my wife uses for her work. It just kept randomly freezing, even up to 20 times per day in the middle of normal work. It did help for a while to disable all run-time power-saving options for SSD in bios, but it again started occasionally freezing which is a real bummer. She had to return it because it was unusable for anything, HP support was useless and this is a serious flaw in the low-level hardware-software design. I hope, it's not the case with your laptop.
Quote from rane_nbg :It's good that you were able to narrow down under what conditions the freezing occurs. Yeah, really hard to say why it happens, I can't say if this is a software or a hardware problem.

I experienced a similar problem on a very very expensive HP laptop workstation that my wife uses for her work. It just kept randomly freezing, even up to 20 times per day in the middle of normal work. It did help for a while to disable all run-time power-saving options for SSD in bios, but it again started occasionally freezing which is a real bummer. She had to return it because it was unusable for anything, HP support was useless and this is a serious flaw in the low-level hardware-software design. I hope, it's not the case with your laptop.

I've had this laptop for over 6 years now, it's a Lenovo ideapad 700-15ISK, and it's a decent laptop for all my needs, I don't really need anything more powerful. Until like 2-3 months ago where this problem has started occuring for me. I'd say that this is more of a hardware issue rather than a software issue, to be honest. I could save money to get a new laptop, but I do plan on being a trucker next year, so I'd rather actually save my money for important things; should the need for something important ever arise; and actually get a laptop that's more focused on praticality and productiveness.
#8 - gu3st
Quote from TheSevenOfClubs :Recently LFS has been freezing in such a way that it makes my ENTIRE laptop freeze. There's no "certain" time where this happens, it might happen 5 minutes after I join a MP server or 30 minutes after. I've had this happen once, but I defrag'd both my drives and it worked fine. Not this time, though. And for the record - LFS is the only game that this issue has been happening on. Any ideas why?

I've seen some reports of this happening in iRacing too recently. Always a very set time it seems. People are looking at tracking it down because it seems weirdly consistent
Seems like I found an "interesting" fix... I say "seems like" because I haven't tested it for long periods of time yet. Which is to use a lower resolution (anything lower than native). It increases my FPS by quite a while (but I tend to use V-Sync anyways. And no - turning on/off V-Sync didn't actually fix the issue I've been having), and I notice the gameplay to be smoother, for w/e reason. I'll try it for at least 30-45 minutes to notice if the game starts freezing my entire OS or not.
You may want to have a look at the CPU usage as well, to see if there are any correlations between freezing and how much load there is on the CPU. But still, I'm almost sure this is due to a hard drive (SSD) type of problem, or the way OS or bios controls it.
Quote from TheSevenOfClubs :Seems like I found an "interesting" fix... I say "seems like" because I haven't tested it for long periods of time yet. Which is to use a lower resolution (anything lower than native). It increases my FPS by quite a while (but I tend to use V-Sync anyways. And no - turning on/off V-Sync didn't actually fix the issue I've been having), and I notice the gameplay to be smoother, for w/e reason. I'll try it for at least 30-45 minutes to notice if the game starts freezing my entire OS or not.

It kinda worked...? Still had a few moments where the game froze for a bit under 1 second... but it's still very annoying.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG