The online racing simulator
Attention faster111
(258 posts, started )
I just killed my GPU (not dead as in need a new one, but dead as in cripped my X1900XTX to very low frame rate).

I being the really smart person I am resized the default skin to 8192^2 (it was around 11MB just so you know), so I could add a logo without having to resize it. I then filled the grid up with AI, and let clicked "GO". SLAM! my card dies.

The skin looks awesome though (though a tad empty). No visable colour bleeding in the logo (red always sucks for bleeding). Haha, fun times.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I being the really smart person I am resized the default skin to 8192^2 (it was around 11MB just so you know), so I could add a logo without having to resize it. I then filled the grid up with AI, and let clicked "GO". SLAM! my card dies.

lol I think my card wouldn't like a full grid of 2048 cars, yet high res skins look so good
Hmmmmm, great thread! Lets remove any last dignity I have by posting my day in it..

Opened my eyes at 1pm... (Although I did go to bed at 6am because I was having a bath ) and erm...... that was it.

No wait! I had my fiance round, had a fun day with her. Came online to have a meeting about the crc's lx eurocup... that was... different.
And for the past.... 2, 3:40... 5 hours i've done... nothing at all...

Oh that was uninteresting. Tomorrow i'll be erm... getting up at 1 and erm.... oh working at debenhams from 4pm til 8pm
Quote from ajp71 :lol I think my card wouldn't like a full grid of 2048 cars, yet high res skins look so good

Hehe, it's the first time my card hasn't been CPU limited since I got it. Indeed they do, but only if someone who isn't me makes them.
My head hurts . . . . . . . . . .

Lot's.

Damn gay men. Damn my cuteness and adorability. Why can't my charm, wit and intelligence work on members of the opposite sex for a change.

Head hurts . . . . . . . .

Lot's.

-Edit- Oh and weather . . . Bright with some cloud. Possiblilty of showers later.

THE GENERAL SYNOPSIS AT 0100
ATLANTIC LOW 990 MOVING STEADILY NORTHEAST, EXPECTED 100 MILES WEST
OF BAILEY 992 BY 0100 TOMORROW

THE AREA FORECASTS FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS

VIKING NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE
SOUTHWEST BACKING SOUTH 4 OR 5, VEERING WEST FOR A TIME. RAIN OR
SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

FORTIES CROMARTY FORTH TYNE
SOUTH 4 OR 5, VEERING WEST FOR A TIME. SHOWERS, BUT RAIN FOR A TIME.
MODERATE OR GOOD

DOGGER
SOUTH 5 OR 6, VEERING WEST FOR A TIME, OCCASIONALLY 4 IN NORTH.
OCCASIONAL RAIN. MODERATE OR GOOD, BECOMING POOR AT TIMES

FISHER GERMAN BIGHT
WESTERLY 4 OR 5, INCREASING 6 AT TIMES, BACKING SOUTHERLY FOR A TIME.
RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND PLYMOUTH
SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, INCREASING 6 AT TIMES. RAIN OR DRIZZLE, BECOMING
FAIR FOR A TIME. GOOD, BECOMING MODERATE OR POOR AT TIMES

BISCAY
EASTERLY 4, BUT 5 OR 6 AT TIMES IN SOUTHWEST. FAIR. GOOD

SOUTH FITZROY
NORTHERLY 4 OR 5, BUT EASTERLY 6 FOR A TIME IN EAST. MAINLY FAIR.
GOOD

NORTH FITZROY SOLE LUNDY FASTNET IRISH SEA SHANNON
SOUTH VEERING SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7, PERHAPS GALE 8 LATER IN SOLE LUNDY
FASNET AND IRISH SEA. RAIN THEN SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD, BUT POOR
IN RAIN

ROCKALL
SOUTH VEERING WEST OR SOUTHWEST 5 TO 7. SHOWERS. GOOD

MALIN
SOUTH 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER. RAIN THEN SHOWERS. MODERATE OR
POOR BECOMING GOOD

HEBRIDES BAILEY
EASTERLY 6 AT FIRST IN NORTH, OTHERWISE SOUTHERLY 4 OR 5,
OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER. RAIN OR SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

FAIR ISLE
SOUTHEAST VEERING SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 AT FIRST
IN WEST. RAIN AT TIMES. MODERATE OR GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR LATER

FAEROES SOUTHEAST ICELAND
VARIABLE 4 AT FIRST IN NORTH, OTHERWISE EASTERLY 5 OR 6, VEERING
SOUTHEASTERLY 4 OR 5 LATER IN FAEROES. RAIN AT TIMES. MODERATE OR
GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR LATER
Quote from Funnybear :Damn my cuteness and adorability. Why can't my charm, wit and intelligence work on members of the opposite sex for a change.

arent you modest
Yep. And considerate. Kind, caring. I listen, I think and I'm tactful. I'm just an all round good egg.

*Sniff*

LIES!!! It's all lies!! Nobody loves me. Except gay men and grandmothers who just want to take me home and feed me. I'm an ugly, gawky, spotty, geeky, crap in bed, skint, billy no mates bag'o'shite.

WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
oh poor you.
Nowhere near enough sympathy. Try harder!
Quote from Funnybear :Nowhere near enough sympathy. Try harder!

How about a patronising pat on the head and a "There There".
BTW build a bridge and get over it.
Heres 10p, phone someone who gives a.......

Hang on its sympathy your after isn't it?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo you poor thing......
EDIT:

Someone somewhere loves you.
So much for the support of the community . . . .
Oh. OH! That hurt. That got me. Right here . . . . Oh, man. How could you? I mean . . How. Could. You. I'm never going to recover. You've scarred me for life. Cut me deep. My heart bleeds, stabbed by your cruel knife. Oh, woe is me . . . . This misery is but bitter sweet.

*Sigh*
I missed the day this thread was put up so i will tell you about my day today...

I got up at 10 as i am awaiting news on when i will be going to pick up my friend's new modified punto...

Thats 7PM and in the time from now til' then i will be probably smoking a 10 Deck of B&H Silvers costing £2.45p and then will either get a bus to my friends' house or he will pick me up.

The journey from his house in Chigwell to some other place in Bromley is 1 Hour and 9 Minutes according to AA route planner.

That's my day - This is officially the worst post in the worst thread that you can ever imagine!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
What is a gaffer.
-
Boss.

-Edit- Beaten . . . .
Im the Gaffer, now shine my shoes
My RBR didn't turn up. The package wasn't for me. I checked on play.com, and it's still being "picked". The other stuff that I ordered just because I was ordering RBR, all got picked and sent the day before yesterday.. though that hasn't turned up either.

I sent a friend some Belgian chocolates the other week, and they never turned up. Stuff isn't supposed to disappear into the postal system, never to be seen, here. It's supposed to be a problem that exists in OTHER countries, not the UK! Is this where the Royal Mail is at these days? That stuff you send, if it looks attractive, will get stolen by postal employees?

My Telewest is finally working properly. I rang up this morning to cancel today's engineer. I've still kept the booking for tomorrow, mind you! After this length of time waiting for the thing to be fixed, I'm not about to throw caution to the wind. If it's still fixed tomorrow morning, I'll cancel that one.. experience suggests he WILL be needed though!
Quote from SamH :I sent a friend some Belgian chocolates the other week, and they never turned up. Stuff isn't supposed to disappear into the postal system, never to be seen, here. It's supposed to be a problem that exists in OTHER countries, not the UK! Is this where the Royal Mail is at these days? That stuff you send, if it looks attractive, will get stolen by postal employees?

one of my main rants is (apart from tied down pens in banks - what next, we have to get in a cage before where allowed within 10 feet of an employee? illepall) "Postal Insurance", it's like a protection racket, you pay them to send a package to someone else, and yet you have to pay them AGAIN to stop some **** nicking the bloody thing! what are you paying for the first time then?????

it's like first class and second class stamps, do they have an "express lane" for first class? no, is there ever a letter you say "yes, they want to read it, but in about 2-3 days"? no! in some cases they used to turn up at the same time, so they expressly took the second class letters, and hold them back for a day JUST to make 1st class letters turn up earlier!

</rant>
Quote from Funnybear :Oh. OH! That hurt. That got me. Right here . . . . Oh, man. How could you? I mean . . How. Could. You. I'm never going to recover. You've scarred me for life. Cut me deep. My heart bleeds, stabbed by your cruel knife. Oh, woe is me . . . . This misery is but bitter sweet.

*Sigh*

He didnt stabbed you,you walked into his knife 10 times.
Yea. Kinda of a nasty habit I got.

I also suffer from Footinmouthitus, Crashandburn syndrome, Carriedawayinthemoment desease and the worst of all, in the precense of females, complete loss of all bodily functions.

But, I soldier on. Bravely.
Here is another rant....

Anyone heard the news today that Car insurance is set to go UP significantly? Norwich Union have announced they aren't making a profit on young drivers so they are hiking up premiums. As if car insurance wasn't bed enough already!

Like someone else on this forum said: "Car insurance is legalised robbery", or something to that effect.
Mate. Young drivers will always be stung by insurance. Paricularily young men. And for reasonably good reasons. Young drivers are a risk. hence the exorborant prices.

Best advice, buy a cheap crappy 1 litre or something. Just drive that for a few years untill the premiums come down and you can afford something bigger and better. Boys and powerful motors don't mix. And yes I know this for a fact. Boys and crap motors don't mix. And I know that for a fact too. The number of cars I've written off is silly. No accident for a good few years now though. Touch wood.
I'm glad i'm way passed 17 now. Who at 17 can fork out over a £1000 to insure some ropey old banger.

And whats this latest scam from the insurance company, you pay according to the time of DAY you go out. IE its more expensive the later in the day you go out?!?!?!?!

Being over 30 certainly helps!!

Mr OLDGIT

EDIT:

Funnybear, you can't beat a reasonably good reason!!
Quote from Funnybear :The number of cars I've written off is silly. No accident for a good few years now though. Touch wood.

Was that because of the sheep in the valleys?

Sorry for my pathetic sense of humour
-

Attention faster111
(258 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG