The online racing simulator
Found two little issues when trying to use the built-in engine sound editor (in LFS) for mods:

1. When saving a modified sound, LFS does not prepend the car's prefix like it does for normal cars. Like "RAC_". When changing a sound for a mod, I would expect the skin-id or something as prefix.

2. LFS doesn't load the last used engine sound for mods. It always starts with the sound shipped with the mod. I tried saving a modified sound prefixed with the skinid & name, but LFS ignores it.
That sounds like LFS working as intended, I don't see a bug to fix.

Is it that you think there should be a user friendly message from LFS explaining that the mod in the replay was not found locally?
I think LFS should download the mod automatically (if the needed version is currently available).
Doesn't it do that with .mpr?
A more user friendly message would be fine as well, yes.
OK, well in that case please don't tell me "this should be a pretty simple fix" because it's just annoying, when you apparently have little idea how it works. That's not simple at all. An MPR works in a totally different way but I'm not going to get into a discussion on how MPR and SPR work on this thread. It's well known in the community..
my bad then
Is it true that it's well known in the community? I didn't know about it Confused
Moved some off topic posts.

I have a lot to do, so would like to avoid distractions if possible.
Expected release date?
The release you can find in the first post, on the first page of this topic. Keyword is "DOWNLOAD".

This section is about giving feedback
Quote from cargame.nl :The release you can find in the first post, on the first page of this topic. Keyword is "DOWNLOAD".

This section is about giving feedback

Very funny! Haha cant stop laughing hahaOmg omg omg
You seem to be active online, have you tried the newest release candidate already?
One more thing I noticed in all views other than cockpit. If you cycle through the F09-F12 functions the speedometer will have one position for F09/10 and a different vertical position for F11/12.
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but seems to be related to the additional consumption bars.
Hello

I have 0.7D21 currently and everything was fine no glitches but recently (like 4 days ago or something) me and my friends experienced a change in car physics which caused us to be a second slower, it has to do with the steering or weight transfer of the car I suppose, I'm not the only one who experienced this but I know several users from 7D having this issue as well. It would mean a lot if you would look into it.

Not sure if this belongs here, so, sorry for that.
-
(jackson93) DELETED by jackson93
I changed the controls a bit to cope with the new physics, but originally I had 6 button control rate and steer centre reduction was 0.6 - 0.8 I think, I tried with both in between the ranges and the car still felt entirely different than what it used to be somehow.
I also changed to the wheel mouse X control scheme and the throttle / brake axes were set as buttons. Still off.

Here's a pic:
Attached images
2023-06-07 16-12-07.177.png
2023-06-07 16-10-30.986.png
Quote from Youssefaf :I changed the controls a bit to cope with the new physics, but originally I had 6 button control rate and steer centre reduction was 0.6 - 0.8 I think, I tried with both in between the ranges and the car still felt entirely different than what it used to be somehow.
I also changed to the wheel mouse X control scheme and the throttle / brake axes were set as buttons. Still off.

Here's a pic:

How do you like the new physics? Do you think it's better?
Quote from Youssefaf :I changed the controls a bit to cope with the new physics, but originally I had 6 button control rate and steer centre reduction was 0.6 - 0.8 I think, I tried with both in between the ranges and the car still felt entirely different than what it used to be somehow.

Here's a pic:

Cant wait to test out the new physics!!! Omg omg omg
shhh stop clowning on me smhhhh, I'm a second slower than before and I do the same general lap and braking points but I can't get the car to be controlled properly like before, steering feels weird
At least we know now that new physics makes us slower
There are no changes to physics. Maybe on the server you were on, someone applied a handicap. But more likely a psychological, physiological or environmental effect. Our perception and skills vary from one day to the next.
There are too many unnecessary mods. It would be great if we can block the author or mods. Too many unnecessary mods makes confusion.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : off topic or no longer needed posts from Dx test patch
(200 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG