The online racing simulator
Scawen's new style of progress reports
(102 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gutholz :I made progress report on my very good game. You can read that instead. Nod

Let's compare. Uhmm
map editor
Live For Speed: no
my very good game: yes

force feedback
Live For Speed: feedback only from driving
my very good game: realistic blaster recoil

reverse
Live For Speed: not in demo
my very good game: no because space ship

reported for self promotion Dead banana
Quote from Gutholz :I made progress report on my very good game. You can read that instead. Nod

Let's compare. Uhmm
map editor
Live For Speed: no
my very good game: yes

force feedback
Live For Speed: feedback only from driving
my very good game: realistic blaster recoil

reverse
Live For Speed: not in demo
my very good game: no because space ship

not interested sorry i only interest in live for speed the online racing simulator
update this year?
When updating lfs Frown
No need.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LFS

Quote :One of the most sophisticated online racing simulators, especially when it comes to simulating physics.
The driving of the cars just feels right. They do what you expect them to do.
by Viper29 March 9, 2005

This is true but game needs updating
It's not a game. Live for Speed is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving.
The forces affecting the car's motion are simulated individually at each wheel. We recommend the use of a steering wheel, because although you can use the keyboard and/or mouse, a wheel and pedals provide a lot more accuracy. The force feedback sent to the steering wheel is calculated directly from the forces, with no canned effects. This allows you to feel what is happening at the contact patch between your tyres and the road, helping you to get closer to the limit without exceeding it too much!

When you have a lot of speed and you approach a corner, you must brake well in advance or you will end up somewhere you don't want to be! You need to find the best way through any sequence of bends by going through them many times. There's always more to learn.

You can race alone, against the clock, or against the AI drivers. But for many people the real fun is to be found online, racing real people, in multiplayer mode. LFS makes it very easy for you to do so. Simply click "List of Hosts", select a server that looks interesting and join instantly. Many hosts run short races of a few laps, so there isn't usually too long to wait for a restart. Most public hosts allow you to join mid-race. Just make sure you keep out of the way of the people who started the race before you joined! There are also several online racing leagues you can take part in if you are looking for something with a more competitive edge.

A serious simulator obviously requires a very good physics simulation to provide the thrill and fun of real racing. This is done by including all aspects that are important to racing. Live for Speed is in constant development. S3 is the third step towards our vision of the finished product, and already does a very good job in simulating real racing. Many aspects are covered - comprehensive setup possibilities, fuel usage, tyre wear, crash damage, different surface types, intriguing racing environments, different car classes and so on. All this makes sure you have plenty to practise with and spend time on, learning the flow of the tracks. Don't forget to plan your pitstops - find out how much fuel your car uses per lap and how your tyres behave on any track, with your particular car setup and driving style.

You can download Live for Speed from our download page. The software will initially act as a demo, allowing access to three cars and one track environment only. To access the other content, you will need to buy a license upgrade.
S1, S2 and S3 licenses, as well as other products, can be purchased from our shop pages.
Quote from Viperakecske :When updating lfs Frown

Quote from pajkul :No need.

We can consider it necessary or not necessary it does not particularly matter, the main thing that the developers are focused on further support and development of the game. That's what's important and that's what most players are waiting for, some can no longer wait and that's why we have such messages. Which I can understand, but it is not necessary to constantly write it in to threads like this as it is unlikely to change anything and it just turns into annoying flooding.

Quote from pajkul :It's not a game. Live for Speed is a serious racing simulator.

And racing simulator is not a gaming ganre? Big Eye And we have no concepts like "sim racing games"?Confused

I feel like I'm in a cult of holy simulators...Looking

You can treat this game as you want, but don't impose your ideas on others.

How about we just have fun as we want?

Quote from pajkul : No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving.

I don't think you have the right to dictate to customers of a product what they should do with it. They can enjoy it as they see fit.
The text @pajkul has posted is from here: https://www.lfs.net/whatislfs Big grin
The time does not forgive anybody, and even the most patient of us are becoming impatient. Big grin
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Viperakecske : fukup
I don't think you have the right to dictate to customers of a product what they should do with it. They can enjoy it as they see fit.[/quote]

hahaha
Dead banana
Quote from Viperakecske :update this year?

In my opinion yes, there is just need some finish work for tire physics! Thumbs up
#89 - .FZ5
Quote from Szymon3211 :In my opinion yes, there is just need some finish work for tire physics! Thumbs up

I'm hoping it comes early this year before GTA 6 is released or otherwise LFS is going to dig their own grave

pretty sure GTA 6 is cocking incredible content if it comes out before lfs night update then it's a GG for the community
Quote from .FZ5 :I'm hoping it comes early this year before GTA 6 is released or otherwise LFS is going to dig their own grave

pretty sure GTA 6 is cocking incredible content if it comes out before lfs night update then it's a GG for the community

They are very different games and with different realities, I don't agree with you on that.

I believe when LFS release update it will be very talked about.

We have to give it time, I believe it won't be long until LFS releases more update news.
Quote from Viperakecske :So youre against Scawen Looking

I answered a specific person who said that lfs is "It's not a game Live for Speed is a serious racing simulator.", and this already gives its own context. Unlike the manual with bright slogans.

I've met people like that before from the sect of witnesses of racing simulators. And I don't care who say it If he really means it, ordinary player or Scawen, even if it's Joe Biden or Putin. How does this change my words? Don't you have consumer protection laws or something? If you bought a product you can do what you want with it as long as it does not contradict the law, internal rules of use, or common sense. And no one else can dictate how you use it.
Hard to understand what youre saying aleksander
The current state of LFS and LFS racers is pathetic.
Quote from adirany :The current state of LFS and LFS racers is pathetic.

I mean you are not wrong there. It's hard to describe the state of LFS fairly without getting banned on the forums.
The best years were when S2 was released. Oh boy this game was popping then. It was a common game for most as it was easily accessible even on cracked servers.
Yes, MousemanLV, I agree.

And it seems that our poetic love for LFS is being destroyed by the cruelty of time.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Quote from johneysvk :I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

"I know you're blind,man - but you gotta see this"
What a pessimistic mood here. At the moment is nothing better in the LFS than the official servers. All that the crack can offer is a brazilian servers with a huge ping, no mods, and with inadequate players whose management ddosing the LFS official master server. Fish rots from the head.

It looks like the Scawen is already finishing physics and Eric is finishing Fern bay, which is probably is was the last aspect of this update that needed to be done.

I believe that if the update with graphics and physics is not delayed anymore and comes out at least this year, it can bring new players in LFS, and a lot more players will bring Track Editor, if it comes out some time after the update. Since in all aspects (car mods, track mods, graphics, physics) the LFS can compete with the popular Assetto Corsa. And now it's losing because it doesn't have enough tracks and the graphics are not at a sufficient level.
This thread is closed

Scawen's new style of progress reports
(102 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG