The online racing simulator
City Life - SO5R
(42 posts, started )
City Life - SO5R
Well, after I made that SO2 city layout, I was told I should make one for SO Town. I thought I wouldn't have enough objects to fill it all up, but it actually worked. I have about 14 more objects to place, but I really don't need anything else on the course at the moment because it is fine the way it is, and great fun.
  • Objects: 498
  • Track: SO5R (Reversed to people will try and go in right direction for right-hand side driving). This now enables pits, should be interesting.
  • 2 small roundabouts
  • 1 'teardrop' roundabout for turning around halfway through on the highway. It is accessible from either side of the highway, and is useful for turning around since the highway is mostly divided the entire time.
  • 1 long highway which uses the frontstraight and backstraight. The highway is able to be driven on easily at 55 mph speed limit.
  • Several crossover points
  • Allowed access to all side streets. As well as several hiding spots and parking areas.
Here is some pics and the layout. This layout will probably be on the City Life server if approved. So stay tuned.
Attached images
citylife_so5r_by-tweak.jpg
Attached files
SO5R_Citylife-Town.lyt - 3.9 KB - 2497 views
#2 - Jakg
I Don't See Anything
#3 - IcYX
Look great !
Good work
Looks nice
Quote from Jakg :I Don't See Anything

If you're using FF, click on the image to disable the auto-zoom (which tries to make the image fit in the window).
#5 - Jakg
Quote from AndroidXP :

If you're using FF, click on the image to disable the auto-zoom (which tries to make the image fit in the window).

no, there was no attactment when i looked but you edited it
No, I didn't.

()
Looks nice, but placing barriers to separate lanes is discussable. Pro: robbers can make U-turns safely, the cops will need to do that too. Con: people need to learn themselves to drive in proper lane.
Quote from detail :Looks nice, but placing barriers to separate lanes is discussable. Pro: robbers can make U-turns safely, the cops will need to do that too. Con: people need to learn themselves to drive in proper lane.

True, but having no dividers just makes it a free for all. This gives the fugitive a chance to get away by taking risks and choosing a complex route to try and lose the cop. People don't already use the correct lane on the normal autocross layout, and especially for the highway, that needs to be divided most of the time so you don't have frequent headons. As for the city parts, the gaps I put allowing you to cross over at multiple points gives it some flexibility of choosing what side you want to go on. It's just best that most parts are divided to keep it 'tight' and the speeds and driving requirements to be in control by both the cop and robber. Otherwise it would just be too easy to lose each other if you were able to drive like it was the actual track.... you'd be going incredibly fast and it would get boring pretty fast if it felt like the normal track each time you run a lap. This way you can make two lanes allowing people to choose and make their "own course" or getaway route (stay on right-side, go head on, do a few u turns, trick cops, etc....) If you know what I mean.....
Quote from Tweaker :This layout will probably be on the City Life server if approved. So stay tuned.

Hey Tweaker,
the layout looks great, should work. Could I use it for my server for example? Or is it not for public use? (eventhough you offered the file for download, i hate stealing others work without asking for permission)

However, I wonder what "City Life" server did you mean? We are working on something else, based on current "City Driving CnR" servers or how they are variously named today, which I decided to give a working name "CITYLIFE". I just know that you are not in our team (yet ) and would like to understand where your name comes from, so we probably change the name for our project when it's finished, to avoid confusion.
(i hope it didn't sound ironic or anything, i didn't mean it)
I don't mind at all. I encourage people to try it, I don't know how well it runs online.

And my name happens to come from my friends who got tired of me "tweaking" my car setup to beat them in Porsche Unleased.... rofl. Are you a hired assasin to kill anyone named Ray?
Quote from Tweaker :I don't mind at all. I encourage people to try it, I don't know how well it runs online.

And my name happens to come from my friends who got tired of me "tweaking" my car setup to beat them in Porsche Unleased.... rofl. Are you a hired assasin to kill anyone named Ray?

I didn't mean your nickname Please read my post again and excuse my crappy english. (ROFL hired assasin...."Sarah Connor?")
Hahaha

It was called CityLife because your staff and friends requested that I make a layout on SO Town to play on.... And they liked my SO2 layout, but it lacked some things, so they wanted something else.
Bleh, they didn't say a thing! Bloody hiders.

Well, you said that CLC staff should approve your layout 1st? Then please allow me to start with my huge HELL YES. I love the layout. (working on another using different track, but now I'm not sure if we shouldn't start with this one)

Check your MSN to talk about details please.
#14 - aoun
Nice stuff man!! I like it..
Hey Tweak,
Is this the one where you have to drive on the left at all times? If it is, I tried last week and loved it.

Good Work.

Ant
Quote from AtomAnt :Hey Tweak,
Is this the one where you have to drive on the left at all times? If it is, I tried last week and loved it.

Good Work.

Ant

I guess it is another one.

Quote from Tweaker :
Track: SO5R (Reversed to people will try and go in right direction for right-hand side driving). This now enables pits, should be interesting.

Looks nice. I hope all your city life'ers are using road worthy sets.
Quote from Bob Smith :Looks nice. I hope all your city life'ers are using road worthy sets.

Well, from now on there is a good chance for them to do.

Ladies and Gentlemen, find Bob Smith's Road Going Setups pack at our CC website downloads section.

Thanks for sharing again, Bob!
Tweaker, that looks like one good smooth pretty neat tidy awasome cool sweet drivable layout, I would love to see this online somewhere.
Quote from gromitboy :What Track do you use it on please tell me

South City, which isnt accessable to Demo Racers.
Could you tell us the nick of your friend?
I thought that only peoples who joined after March 2007 we're cruising whores... I'm proven wrong once again...
Quote from gromitboy :he dont have a nick yet but he is thinkin of TheStig

But he had to chose a nick/username/whatever when he registered on lfs.net to buy the licence.
Quote from zeugnimod :But he had to chose a nick/username/whatever when he registered on lfs.net to buy the licence.

What a fool we all know he used the crack

City Life - SO5R
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG