The online racing simulator
Would it be possible to look into working on having bump rubbers and the addition of heave springs?
I feel like many of the higher downforce cars, GT's, Formulas suffer from not having the option to use it.

I understand that there is a lot on your plate, but I think it would be a great addition to the sim, a long with the 1000hz Smile
Thanks.
Interesting thought but it won't be in this round of test patches. Everything I do in the current public version must be merged into the separate development version, which isn't always easy. Also any changes in the core of the physics system are likely to invalidate all the hotlaps, which isn't worth doing at the moment. Also, incompatible setups, online compatibility, interface updates, etc...

I look forward to releasing the development version, so we only have one version and it will be much easier to add new features then.

I just watched this 12 min video about heave springs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNInCfCkrkE
Quote from Scawen :Interesting thought but it won't be in this round of test patches. Everything I do in the current public version must be merged into the separate development version, which isn't always easy. Also any changes in the core of the physics system are likely to invalidate all the hotlaps, which isn't worth doing at the moment. Also, incompatible setups, online compatibility, interface updates, etc...

I look forward to releasing the development version, so we only have one version and it will be much easier to add new features then.

I just watched this 12 min video about heave springs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNInCfCkrkE

I agree. Adding it to existing cars would perhaps not be ideal.
If you look at most pro setups for BF1, FOX, GTRs (winged cars general in LFS) setups are always much higher than what you’d expect, and this is because of the big delta in dynamic and static force on suspension, which normally is adjusted with packer gaps, heave, preload and other fancy words I cannot fathom to remind my jet lagged mind.

Would it be something perhaps to have as a experimental stage in the editor alone? I believe the system itself is ready, as it already simulates roll stiffness incredibly accurate.

Thanks.
Installed D24 no problem so far.
About heave spring and better suspension for single seater, and bump stops, yes it will be a must have! Once ride height got better having advanced undertray aero/aeromap would be great too. The best timing to implement well I let that to you...
#5 - terga
Quote from Dennis93 :I agree. Adding it to existing cars would perhaps not be ideal.
If you look at most pro setups for BF1, FOX, GTRs (winged cars general in LFS) setups are always much higher than what you’d expect, and this is because of the big delta in dynamic and static force on suspension, which normally is adjusted with packer gaps, heave, preload and other fancy words I cannot fathom to remind my jet lagged mind.

Would it be something perhaps to have as a experimental stage in the editor alone? I believe the system itself is ready, as it already simulates roll stiffness incredibly accurate.

Thanks.

It's worth noting that the biggest reason for the high ride height with the "pro" setups is the fact that the aero model is very simple. Ride height doesn't really change anything and neither does pitch. Would probably be a good idea to think of implementing these at a point where the aero model also gets a much needed update.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG