The online racing simulator
Does anyone have information on layout change !v command used on drift servers
I am in dire need of the command 90% of the drift servers are using currently to change the layouts on autox. On other servers users will type !v and it will start a vote in which it asks for an average amount of online players to also type this !v and when the number is reached the layout automatically changes.

I am curious where everyone is getting this information to change this. I myself don't have any experience with c# coding but was hoping someone at some point was also in my position and was helped by the community. We have a large group of drifters who use the server and being on the west coast of Canada when I'm online most are not.

Which makes it hard to administrate layout changes for users of my server.

"warlab drift server" if anyone knows what I'm talking about and can lead me in the direction to someone who might be able to help me I would be forever grateful.
I have given your request a quick try yesterday, but got stuck very early on as I have no idea how the voting system in LFS works and therefor how to program that in Lapper.
Quote from Yisc[NL :;2044281"]I have given your request a quick try yesterday, but got stuck very early on as I have no idea how the voting system in LFS works and therefor how to program that in Lapper.

Hey sir I appreciate that. I highly respect what you guys do. And understand what im asking is difficult. Thank you very much for trying <3

S1king (warlab dx)
I do not have the time to build a script like this. But i think you can create a script like this with the following steps.

What the player sees / must do
  • -Player types the !v command
  • -Player gets the list of layouts. Or the names of the allowed layouts from a textfile.
  • -Each layoutname is behind an clickable button.
  • -When a player clicked on a certain button, it votes for it and the buttoncolor or textcolor changes.
  • -Menu closes with the some friendly text. Thank you ....................

Some logical stuff
  • -Create a Array/Variable for each layout that contains the name of the layout and the votecount.
  • -Create for each joined player a playervariable (GetPlayerVar($userName,"ClickedLayout","");
  • -Set the "ClickedLayout" playervar with a variable so they cannot vote twice.
  • -Clicked Layout Votecount +1;
  • -When the player clicked it again it re-set the "ClickedLayout" playervar
  • -Clicked Layout again Votecount -1;
  • -After Some (Fixed) time 8.00 PM, LFSLapper will warn the players on track for upcoming layout change.
  • -LFSLapper uses the /ax_clear?? command to clear the layout (No idea what the command is lol)
  • -LFSLapper uses the /axload <Selected LayoutName> to load the layout. Layout must be added to the LFS Hosting page.
Wow, that is more advanced/complicated than I thought off, but on the other end more doable at the same time.
My idea was that !v should cast a vote to end the race and when enough votes would have been given, another layout was loaded.
Your idea is a lot better.
For an example there is something like this working on harsh style drift server. It's a little more simple than what bass-driver was explaining but something similar.

-S1king (warlab dx)
it is an insim.net used on the server I tried the system you want to build on lapper before and it was successful.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG