The online racing simulator
How to get a RPM car on insim 9 ?
Hello ! I've been trying for several days to get the rpm of my current car with insim but I still haven't been able to.

Does anyone know what package contains the rpm?

I am using "jsinsim" InSim library for node.js Many thanks to "iamproplayer7" for creating this Smile
#2 - Racon
You can only get that information from the OutGauge packet, so it's only available to local InSims. You need OutGauge configured in LFS's cfg.txt to get LFS to start sending it InSim, too.
-
(lautyy134) DELETED by lautyy134
Quote from Racon :You can only get that information from the OutGauge packet, so it's only available to local InSims. You need OutGauge configured in LFS's cfg.txt to get LFS to start sending it InSim, too.

Is there a way to "Cut RPM" to the desired amount? If other players download my app in the future, they should set the OutGauge too, right?
#4 - Racon
You can't use InSim to set a rev limit, if that's what you mean - the OutGauge part is read-only. You could warn people about high revs, but you can't force them to be cut.

Yes, if other players want to use your app, they will need to enable OutGauge also before the app will receive OutGauge packets.
Quote from Racon :You can't use InSim to set a rev limit, if that's what you mean - the OutGauge part is read-only. You could warn people about high revs, but you can't force them to be cut.

Yes, if other players want to use your app, they will need to enable OutGauge also before the app will receive OutGauge packets.

Thanks for your fast response ! I understand. My goal is to develop something similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXL8AgNZSMo (Minute 1:05)
#6 - Racon
Some programs use InSim to manage the interface, but also do direct reading/writing of the memory of the running LFS exe as well. That kind of thing is beyond me I'm afraid Smile
Quote from Racon :Some programs use InSim to manage the interface, but also do direct reading/writing of the memory of the running LFS exe as well. That kind of thing is beyond me I'm afraid Smile

Hahaha it scares me too! But I'm still not giving up. Thank you for your answers! Big grin
#8 - Racon
No problem, and good luck Thumbs up

There's some discussion/help about direct access on LFS discord programming channel sometimes... it's worth joining if you're going to go on memory adventures Smile
If I remember correctly, some InSim apps imitated rev limiter by repeatedly simulating keystroke of the Ignition On/Off button (i key by default).

How to get a RPM car on insim 9 ?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG