The online racing simulator
Oversteer reduction assistant for more realistic handling when using controllers
BeamNG added it in one of the last updates, and it’s wonderful to drift cars now using a controller.
It’s very similar to how steering gyros behave in RWD drift rc cars, and basically simulates how a real car’s front tires handle during drifting.
No need for it while using a wheel obviously, but for controller it’s a must if you’re into realistic handling.
(Sadly I can’t use a wheel due to health reasons, but I’m good at drifting/racing with a controller. 👍)

I really hope that the devs consider putting it in for the controller-drifters, as right now I just can’t switch from BeamNG drifting to LFS. Once you experience the beautiful feeling of this feature it feels really bad and unrealistic drifting without it.

Edit: https://youtu.be/KayXFm0Bd5E
Thats an interesting idea. The point of LFS kind of is that there are no driving aids.

What I think might be worth looking into would be to enable the "stabilised" option there is for keyboard users. I guess the result would be similar, but that might keep the realism a little more than just an oversteer assistent.

But maybe let Scawen finish the new tyre physics first, but then that might be a cool feature Wink
I mean it’s not really a driving aid, well at least it doesn’t have to be.
Devs just need to make the front tires & (self) steering behave like it does IRL & when you’re using a wheel and let go of the steering wheel during a drift.

Basically make the handling more realistic when using a controller, just like a gyro does in rc drifting.
Quote from ONIGUMO :I mean it’s not really a driving aid, well at least it doesn’t have to be.
Devs just need to make the front tires & (self) steering behave like it does IRL & when you’re using a wheel and let go of the steering wheel during a drift.

Basically make the handling more realistic when using a controller, just like a gyro does in rc drifting.

Ahh okay, Got it. Basically virtual force Feedback. Yeah that's what stabilised Keyboard also is. I Had a different Picture in mind for "oversteer Reduktion assist". Havent used it yet in beam ng.

Yeah Like the Idea.
#5 - BeNoM
Would love to see this!
Quote from Rob2003 :Thats an interesting idea. The point of LFS kind of is that there are no driving aids.

What I think might be worth looking into would be to enable the "stabilised" option there is for keyboard users. I guess the result would be similar, but that might keep the realism a little more than just an oversteer assistent.

But maybe let Scawen finish the new tyre physics first, but then that might be a cool feature Wink

+1! Keyboard stabilised option for when using a controller.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG