The online racing simulator
LFS editor pre-made mods editing
so, I'm currently using mouse on live for speed, and I learned that I can copy mod folders into LFS editor and edit them. However once I'm done adding things such as traction control and less powerful engines (I usually don't overdo the editing, such as models) I click "test mod in lfs) and it comes up with: "The default skins were not found, png textures were not found, this mod is not ready for testing"
I've already pasted every skin and dds file into the designated data folder of lfs editor, but it won't work. How do I fix this?
It's not advisable to copy mods from the game folder, as they are already prepared for game use. For example the png textures have already been converted to dds. Also there is no information there about whether the mod's author allows derivatives.

Some mods allow derivatives, and in that case you can download the original archive, with editor files included. For example this one:
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/B7B8DC

You should be able to see "Download original archive" and that contains the relevant files that can be used in the editor.
I know that the authors may not like mod editing, which is why I prefer to use them for singleplayer. I appreciate their mods which is why I would need TC for f1 mods
I would also like to mention that the author of the mod I was trying to edit, which is the Altus69B had given me permission to edit the mod myself as I had requested Traction Control for the Public mod.
** Best answer **
While I am not trying to criticise you for editing a mod that arrived on your HDD, for your own purposes in single player, I must say that as developers we can't facilitate such use of mods. In fact to protect mod makers we don't try to make it easy to edit someone else's mod, unless they give public permission. In that case the "Download original archive" button should be visible (on the mod's web page).

There is also a button "export to SHARE vehicle for development" (in LFS editor) that makes it easy to zip up and share a mod, from one person to another.

Those are the only two ways I can think of to get the original png textures and jpg skins.
ok thank you Big grin

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG