The online racing simulator
The LFS Wiki is back!
(15 posts, started )
The LFS Wiki is back!
Thanks to 4Players the LFS wiki is back online. This time on it's own server without password protection: http://wiki.lfs.4players.de

If you want to contribute to the online manual, create an account, click on edit and start writing.
Woohoo. German ftw

I can understand it, but not too good. Any chanse for english also?
The english articles are listed under "LFS manual". I'm currently copying them back from my backup, that's why there aren't so many english articles yet.
I think there is a small error in there but i am not 100% sure.

Quote from LFS Wiki :CVW Eine weitere Datei des Freischaltsystemes.

I think the cvw files are just the Custom external Views, they are stored separatly for every Car (eg. bf1.cvw).

But once again Great Work Flo.
Quote from sinbad :There's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_for_Speed for English speakers.

Well, yeah, but... Lets test on , o lets say; cars -> RB¤

Quote from German Wiki :
RB4 GT (RB4)

Front engined, all wheel drive
Engine: 2.0 litre turbocharged inline 4
Power: 181 kW (243bhp) @ 6021 rpm
Torque: 340 Nm (250 lbft) @ 3886 rpm
Total Mass: 1235 Kg (2723 lbs)
Power-weight: 147 W/kg (200 bhp/ton)
Weight dist: 56.4 F 43.6 R
This car has a lot of torque and this, coupled with the AWD drivetrain, makes it the ideal car for the rallycross courses. The RB4 is also fun to drive on the road tracks, but is slightly slower than the GT Turbo and FXO due to the mechanical loss inherited from the AWD layout. It is the easiest to drive out of the trio, however.
Setup tip: Understeer is your enemy here. Only add as much as you feel you need into the suspension and push the torque split back until you can push the rear out slightly with the throttle. This will also help even out tyre wear.
Dont be fooled by: The downforce-tastic rear wing, it doesn't make you faster.

Quote from English Wiki :RB4 GT (RB4) - Four-wheel drive, front-engined coupe, similar to a Toyota Celica GT4
RB4 GT - RB4 - 4WD coupe - AWD - 2.0L turbo inline-4 - 243 HP (181kW) - 2707 Ib (1228 kg)

And I can't find all these in the English one; 1. Einleitung
2. Anzeigen
3. Kameraansichten
4. Menüreferenz
5. Optionen
6. Wagen
7. Strecken
8. Autocross Editor
9. Setup Guide
10. Dedizierter Server
11. Telemetrie
12. Hardware
13. Dateiformate
14. Skins
15. Über LFS
16. Links
17. Glossar
18. Impressum

Get my point?
Gah! adverts

(but great work getting up again )
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :hyper:
Nice work!
I really missed the LFS-Wiki :weeping:

Good to have it back!
So, are you going to release that LFS version you have with 189 cars? Tsk tsk .
Quote from ThunderCable :Well, yeah, but... Lets test on , o lets say; cars -> RB¤

And I can't find all these in the English one; 1. Einleitung
2. Anzeigen
3. Kameraansichten
4. Menüreferenz
5. Optionen
6. Wagen
7. Strecken
8. Autocross Editor
9. Setup Guide
10. Dedizierter Server
11. Telemetrie
12. Hardware
13. Dateiformate
14. Skins
15. Über LFS
16. Links
17. Glossar
18. Impressum

Get my point?

Hi Thundercable,

As Flo said, he is right now copying them back from his backup. I think in a few days all the articles will be up'n'running again.
Yay, nice to see my car descriptions back online.
UF GTR (UFR)
[...]
Dont be fooled by: The fact the über-LX LX8 GTR was cancelled for THIS. Boo.

And yay for having it back. Too bad a lot of people don't take the effort of reading such things even though it looks very useful. I'll check it out more thoroughly later.
To make sure you understand how a wiki works: YOU are the ones who can correct it and keep it up-to-date! So instead of writing "this is wrong" (e.g. 189 cars, cvw files, ect.) just click edit and correct it.

P.s. Anyone wants to add BF1 and Aston GT/North?

The LFS Wiki is back!
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG