The online racing simulator
I have 6600GT 128MB / 1.25GB RAM / XP2500+ @ 2.16Ghz / Page file is 1.5ghz / I doubt it is my system as it copes with BF2 just fine?

The distorted graining is not as bad as I first thought but you can see what I mean here:

Its probably just me being over critical I have never looked at the track texture in detail before.
Attached images
trkdistort.JPG
Quote from anttt69 :I have 6600GT 128MB / 1.25GB RAM / XP2500+ @ 2.16Ghz / Page file is 1.5ghz / I doubt it is my system as it copes with BF2 just fine?

The distorted graining is not as bad as I first thought but you can see what I mean here:

Its probably just me being over critical I have never looked at the track texture in detail before.

the distorted grain (at the bottom) is normal as it happens (worse) with original textures too and it is caused by the 3d projection.
the distorted grain except the bottom is cause by eric's weird mapping and only he can solve this.

about the other problem, surely it's not the power of graphic card, but maybe it's ram or maybe the agp aperture size in case you have agp.
another possibility may be the ram...it is enough MB but 1.25 makes me guess you have mixed types of ram that in some cases may drop the system performance a lot.
another possibility is the pagefile causing too much swap, you can try to disable and then delete it (after reboot) and see if problem still persist, if this is the case and you still want to use my textures i may prepare a special version for you at mid-res.

this is very strange as your system has more than enough specs and i tried on very low-end system without a fps drop

just to know: do you use any other hi-res texture pack such as skies, grass etc. ...again this would be not a problem since i tried also with lot of other texture at insane hi-res and not a glitch, i mean hi-res textures usually have no impact on system performance.
Quote from Honey :the distorted grain (at the bottom) is normal as it happens (worse) with original textures too and it is caused by the 3d projection.
the distorted grain except the bottom is cause by eric's weird mapping and only he can solve this.

about the other problem, surely it's not the power of graphic card, but maybe it's ram or maybe the agp aperture size in case you have agp.
another possibility may be the ram...it is enough MB but 1.25 makes me guess you have mixed types of ram that in some cases may drop the system performance a lot.
another possibility is the pagefile causing too much swap, you can try to disable and then delete it (after reboot) and see if problem still persist, if this is the case and you still want to use my textures i may prepare a special version for you at mid-res.

this is very strange as your system has more than enough specs and i tried on very low-end system without a fps drop

just to know: do you use any other hi-res texture pack such as skies, grass etc. ...again this would be not a problem since i tried also with lot of other texture at insane hi-res and not a glitch, i mean hi-res textures usually have no impact on system performance.

Honey I can run your high res textures on my Athlon 1800 with a 32 mb Mx440 video card without drawing problems as long as I turn off haze, and trees flags options in LFS etc and have no probs on my Athlon 3200 with 6600Gt (256Mb) card
Quote from ShannonN :Honey I can run your high res textures on my Athlon 1800 with a 32 mb Mx440 video card without drawing problems as long as I turn off haze, and trees flags options in LFS etc and have no probs on my Athlon 3200 with 6600Gt (256Mb) card

thanks for reporting!
there's so much variety of hrdware combinations out there, that is always hard to find where issues may reside...

now i know for sure that 32MB for video card is enough (thanks), so maybe that could means that anttt69's problem may be something with PC's ram or virtual ram swapping
Quote from Honey :

just to know: do you use any other hi-res texture pack such as skies, grass etc. ..

Dont worry about it I dont get any FPS drop & it is only visible when in chase view.

I dont use any other high res textures at the mo but it is a mystery why it does it on my system & not on others.
Quote from anttt69 :Dont worry about it I dont get any FPS drop & it is only visible when in chase view.

I dont use any other high res textures at the mo but it is a mystery why it does it on my system & not on others.

ok
actually PC's can be quite amistery sometimes...by the chance do you have mixed type of ram? i mean 512 of brand1, 2x256 brand2 etc.
Quote from Honey :thanks for reporting!
there's so much variety of hrdware combinations out there, that is always hard to find where issues may reside...

now i know for sure that 32MB for video card is enough (thanks), so maybe that could means that anttt69's problem may be something with PC's ram or virtual ram swapping

Intergrated graphics in my laptop (HP Compaq nx6110 1.7GHz Centrino, 512MB ram, 8-128MB intergraded graphics (it ranges depending on load), blahblah) run this texture pack BETTER then the stock textures. I get ~5FPS boost using this. Which was sort of weird thinking about it.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Intergrated graphics in my laptop (HP Compaq nx6110 1.7GHz Centrino, 512MB ram, 8-128MB intergraded graphics (it ranges depending on load), blahblah) run this texture pack BETTER then the stock textures. I get ~5FPS boost using this. Which was sort of weird thinking about it.

yep kinda weird indeed!
maybe they make run your graphic card at an averagely more allocated ram and thus avoiding frequent allocate/deallocate and that could be the reason performance are better...wow! that's amazing!
Quote from Honey :ok
actually PC's can be quite amistery sometimes...by the chance do you have mixed type of ram? i mean 512 of brand1, 2x256 brand2 etc.

yeah 3 different types I think 512,512,256 all DDR400 but different manufacturers. I might look at selling them & getting a 1gig stick
Quote from anttt69 :yeah 3 different types I think 512,512,256 all DDR400 but different manufacturers. I might look at selling them & getting a 1gig stick

having 2 block is fine as long as they are very simlar (e.g. 2x512 is very good for dual channel also), at work there were a pc with similar ram slots, it was damn slow, we removed the different one and left it with 2x512...it became a new pc...maybe if you have ramndom general slow downs, you may try remove the 256 MB one and see, that way ram will work at dual channel which is faster
i have 2x512 indeed (same exact brand and model btw...)
Looks nice (Pic attachd)
Attached images
so.JPG
Looking at all the other texture mods for the tarmac, I was surprised that I hadn't really payed any attention to this thread, because I really think the tarmac texture you made Honey is fantastic!!!!

It can be a bit smooth looking at times, but I think it has that proper amount of saturation and texture to it. Maybe could use a "bit" more of cracking and/or dark spots here and there.... (like give the bumps and cracks a bit more definition) but so far I like how this looks :up:
I have upgraded my PC (Now running 64 X2 4200 and Geforce 7600GT) and no problems at all with these textures, everything looks so damn good!!!!!! Very impressed with you work, and SimFIA love the Aston textures (Although I have used another texture pack before yours whch changes the curbing from green to grey).......

But great work, have you started work on any other tracks, or even pan to?
Quote from antman2006 :Looks nice (Pic attachd)

i'm glad you appreciate them makes feel good to see the time i used to work on them, was useful for so many people...
Quote from Tweaker :Looking at all the other texture mods for the tarmac, I was surprised that I hadn't really payed any attention to this thread, because I really think the tarmac texture you made Honey is fantastic!!!!

It can be a bit smooth looking at times, but I think it has that proper amount of saturation and texture to it. Maybe could use a "bit" more of cracking and/or dark spots here and there.... (like give the bumps and cracks a bit more definition) but so far I like how this looks :up:

yes especially blackwood is quite simple (i didn't use the cracks effect), but after the "success" of aston i thought i had an obligation to release quickly the most loved track (blackwood) at least, aston has some cracks on textures where there actually bumbs on track even if they are not placed in the middle of track as they probably should, but with a compromise to avoid some aliasing.
btw many people gave me precious feedback (as you too) to improve textures for next releases, so i hope to improve them with time...
Quote from Thorvertonian :I have upgraded my PC (Now running 64 X2 4200 and Geforce 7600GT) and no problems at all with these textures, everything looks so damn good!!!!!! Very impressed with you work, and SimFIA love the Aston textures (Although I have used another texture pack before yours whch changes the curbing from green to grey).......

But great work, have you started work on any other tracks, or even pan to?

yes, "surprisingly" such high resolutions don't affect pfs even on very low-end graphic cards...only enough PC ram is required (512 MB is enough )

i haven't started yet to work on another track, i think i'll do after september, but i won't release anything more unless i will succesfully be able to add more effects to bring more realism...my preference is to work on fern bay next, but don't take it as a promise: fern bay deserves the best textures i can
On Aston, comming upto the the hairpin before last turn (On the bigger circuits the right way round), there is a small patch of tarmac, a triangle, which appears a much lighter shade of grey, I will try to get a screen grab for you when I can!
The new pack 0.5.1 seems lighter than the first dark one. Is there a way yto make it darker? I like the tarmac really dark but I can't edit the files because they won't open in photoshop some error comes up. yes I have the dds plugin installed, something is wrong with the actual gwroad files, astpit opens fine. If I could get the 0.5.1 fixed alpha psd files then I could make my own, but only the old oens are up. Any chance of that happening?
In case you were still wondering about my light triangle problem, after upgrading my PC I can't find it, must have been an issue with my Ati gfx card
thank you!
Honey, any plans for working on Westhill, or South city tarmac?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Honey, any plans for working on Westhill, or South city tarmac?

she planned to but i guess the project is pretty much dead atm
Quote from Davo :The new pack 0.5.1 seems lighter than the first dark one. Is there a way yto make it darker? I like the tarmac really dark but I can't edit the files because they won't open in photoshop some error comes up. yes I have the dds plugin installed, something is wrong with the actual gwroad files, astpit opens fine. If I could get the 0.5.1 fixed alpha psd files then I could make my own, but only the old oens are up. Any chance of that happening?

long time has passed and i may not remember all correctly, but original PSDs are about 300 MB each...the uploaded "sources" have many layers merged, but they should (IIRC) be fine for reproducing 0.5.1 too.
Unfortunately (or "fortunately"), i have too many huge projects to handle at work and i'm rarely at home (just to sleep, or sorta of)...i am really sorry i cannot assist you, but i guess that if you play a bit with uploaded sources, you can find if they really are suitable for 0.5.1 or they are obsolete.
btw, if your problem is only to make them darker, you can use xnview (www.xnview.org) to convert dds to bitmap, edit them and then convert back to dds...WARNING! use only the "scawen's method" for maximum compatibility, in other words: save in raw format from photoshop, then delete corresponding dds from lfs, and put raw into pic folder (find details about this procedure in this thread and also whithin scawen's posts)
Quote from Thorvertonian :In case you were still wondering about my light triangle problem, after upgrading my PC I can't find it, must have been an issue with my Ati gfx card

i had this feeling, good for you it's ok now
Quote from z3r0c00l :thank you!

i'm glad you and many other people apreciated those textures...oh my gosh! more than 2000 downloads :eye-poppi
Quote from Boris Lozac :Honey, any plans for working on Westhill, or South city tarmac?

as i said above, time is really missing now...i don't even remember my last lfs race...
Quote from Shotglass :she planned to but i guess the project is pretty much dead atm

i'm afraid you're quite right...however i hope the sources i uploaded can help someone other to continue this work...i hope to find the way to upload more material to help with that, but only if someone is really intentioned to seriosly continue it.

PS
i take this post also to say a big HI to everyone

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG