The online racing simulator
Changes to vote ban / kick
(11 posts, started )
In order to stop random vote kick/bans, if a vote gets less than a 3rd of the required number of votes to kick/ban, the persons who voted should get kicked.

Also, there should be a timer displayed on the votes

I.E.

Bob voted to ban Simon (press 1) [1/7] (20 seconds)
Richard voted to ban Simon (press 1) [2/7] (8 seconds)
5 seconds left for vote against Simon
Bob and Richard kicked for random voting.

This would stop people randomly vote kicking/banning.

Also America's Army style reasons (I.E. 1- Wrecking. 2- Harrasment and so-on).

Ideas?
No way, how often did I have to start a kick/ban till 50% did vote for it, because they where busy in the race.
#3 - filur
#4 - SamH
I'll see your -100 and raise you -150

This idea just isn't workable. There are a whole host of reasons why people don't complete a vote. Sometimes people won't unless they witness the incident itself. That's a perfectly good reason for not voting.. but it doesn't mean that the person who initiated the vote is wrong for doing so.
I see your -150 and raise you -300

Would just aid the cause of the people who need kicking/banning in the first place.

Its not automatically random voting, if only 1 or 2 people vote. Not everybody on the track can see, if someones wrecking, so the first ban vote for a wrecker is very likely to get only 2 or 3 votes. So the people, who did the right thing, would get kicked.
#7 - ORION
ALL IN

errhh out rather
#8 - joen
no way. bad idea for obvious reasons
#9 - Jakg
i try to ban wreckerX, but no-one else saw him smash me off the road and go ":-)", so no-one votes

then I get kicked

sounds like something that happened on a demo server the other day (i got kicked after being pushed into a wall with no reason given (vote ban), next time i can't remember, then i was racing, got a blue flag, braked so that i would park on the run off (yes, you read PARK), and then i got kicked for "Not yeilding the blue flag NOOB", then i got kicked for complaing about the first kick, then i joined, and was kicked for being a wrecker (before i joined the race no less), then being kicked AGAIN for no reason

6 Kicks in about 15 mins!

</rant>)
i'll raise you all -1k and never fold
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#11 - SamH

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG