The online racing simulator
Taillight shader
(7 posts, started )
Taillight shader
Didn't know where to post a thread.

The correct lights of the car, in my opinion, are a very important part of the overall visualization of the car, at the moment it is possible to create the glass of the lantern using the alpha texture, but its overlay occurs in the "Add" format, which completely kills the contrast of the lantern and its realism, I would like it to be in the mode selecting "Alpha" was the selection "Alpha mod" where you could select "Multiply" overlays and you could highlight the reflector itself, and not the texture with glass, since this option makes it much easier to create car lights.
Forza has very realistic graphics, but for example, the lanterns look unnatural, but in Asseto corsa asset - with the help of mods, people were able to achieve amazing results, the shader with refractions + the correct blend mode - give a gorgeous picture.

Just use reshade
Quote from EmkaLT :Just use reshade

It does not really give anything, and third-party mods always do not work correctly.
Not sure if it helps, but there is a workaround which works in the current LFS version. The light must be constructed from 3 materials, for example:
  1. background - chrome with custom ALP texture (to enable shining)
  2. glass - a glossy ALP texture
  3. special "light" layer - l_side with matt alpha and default chrome_ALP texture
The third layer will be invisible, but as soon as the light is turned on, it overrides the glass layer.

From the top: a classic headlight made from chrome and glass, a headlight with the workaround and a damaged headlight with the workaround (a crash moved the third layer between the chrome and glass)
It seems that in the corsa asset (only in mods) there is a light source inside the headlight that shines on the reflector, and the glass itself has a refraction shader, this does not give an ideal result with optics, but makes it extremely realistic , if you could add a cubemap map to this with reflections on lamp on the reflector - would come out from the point of view of physics - an ideal reflector.
however these techniques are not available in the current version of the LFS. We will have to wait for the graphical update or find some rough approximations
I tried to visualize why the transparent lights in the game do not look realistic, as well as colored glass in general, the best mixing method in my opinion is shown in this picture, but it would be better if all this could be multiplied by the method that the game uses .

Taillight shader
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG