The online racing simulator
Cruden Panthera
(8 posts, started )
Cruden Panthera
Did you ever heard about Cruden Panthera (aka Racer).

I tried the mazda mx5 in melbourne and I was impressed. I must admit that the driving is more natural than in LFS.

Can this be our true simulator.
#2 - BeNoM
I tried to get their free demo up and running, but it seems to be more complicated than I can figure out.
Yes. It is a little complicated.

You can configure everything in the racer.ini file and every car has a car.ini file too.

Most of the cars and tracks are very bad so don't use them (they are from the Racer era). The combo mazda/melbourne is an acceptable one.

The cruden company are selling race cars and laser scanned tracks but only to professional race teams.
I've visited them a while back and tried some of their car, boat and F1 sims. Good stuff, they also had smell as a dimension in one of them. Can't say it felt as good as LFS at the time, but haven't tried since.
Quote from Bose321 :I've visited them a while back and tried some of their car, boat and F1 sims. Good stuff, they also had smell as a dimension in one of them. Can't say it felt as good as LFS at the time, but haven't tried since.

In such showrooms and demonstrations you don't have all control of the simulator. You can not configure everything at your liking.

Try for example their formula student. It is packaged with the demo (with some errors in the suspension and ride height).
Quote from adirany :Did you ever heard about Cruden Panthera (aka Racer).

I remember a small sim "Racer" from a decade ago and had to check out if you really meant http://racer.nl/
It always seemed like a neat techdemo but went anywhere beyond that. There was not much to do except drive around by yourself and content was limited.
I vaguely remember we once tried 1v1 multiplayer on LAN, not sure if it worked.
You could download cars and tracks from the forums but it was often super buggy and you had to match the correct versions etc. Beyond the physics everything felt very incomplete.
Interesting that they make commercial simulators now.

For me it was one of many tech/physics demos that I loved to play around with at the time, no matter how buggy or half-finished. (Another project I remember is "Rigs of Rods")
Quote from Gutholz :I remember a small sim "Racer" from a decade ago and had to check out if you really meant http://racer.nl/

Yes it is Racer but highly reworked out especially on the physics side ( a lot of bugs have been addressed).

The demo contains two cars. A formula student and a generic sedan. They are both excellent and you can race them. The driving is very natural and to be fair I prefer it to LFS. Really impressed.

The problem is the lack of cars and tracks and this makes it quiet useless.
Just did a quick comparison between the toyota celica gt4 1995 in nurburgring 2007 in panthera and the RB4 in westhill in LFS.

Well LFS is very good but this panthera is very very very good.

And the celica is just a mod.

I urge you to install it and try it for yourself.

Cruden Panthera
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG