The online racing simulator
Moving LFS to a different hard drive
I just installed a second hard drive to my PC (300GB). My plan is to move my large media files and games onto that drive to relieve my primary drive (C:\) which is 120GB and very nearly full.

Can I just cut and paste the LFS folder? Will all of the online interaction (skin downloads, connecting etc.) work fine?

I imagine it should but I'd like to make sure before I go ahead and do it.
#2 - filur
Yes.
Hi, just copy/paste, BUT you`ll need to unlock it again I think
Thanks.
Quote from zurdospeed :Hi, just copy/paste, BUT you`ll need to unlock it again I think

Nope, no unlocking required. I did the same thing recently when my stock HD was running short on room. I moved the LFS folder to an external harddrive just my dragging and dropping. Simple as that I think if the new harddrive has it's own OS installed, then an unlock would be required, but I'm not sure on that either.
#6 - Krane
Quote from RacingSimFan :IWill all of the online interaction (skin downloads, connecting etc.) work fine?

Yes. But, if you've set LFS to handle set,spr,mpr etc files you need to do it again. Similarly you need to set up all 3rd party programs you use with LFS.
Quote from Krane :Similarly you need to set up all 3rd party programs you use with LFS.

True. Which leads me to my next question. How do I reconfigure the Join2LFS app to recognize that LFS is on a different drive?

EDIT: Solved by uninstalling and re-installing Join2LFS.
Hell, I just transferred the whole file to my new hard disk and no un-locking was needed.

Moving LFS to a different hard drive
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG