The online racing simulator
General suspensions overhaul suggestion
Dear LFS.

Since we've gotten the great Car Editor tool to add our amazing cars to LFS, I've also noticed some limitation in terms of what we can do with heave in general.

Is it possible to add a feature of a third suspension element in the cars for the future so that we don't have to run downforce cars as high as they have been in the past?

In that way it'll be easier to control, ride height as well as dynamic ride height, even though ride height doesn't affect downforce at all in LFS (/yet) certainly the ride height and center of gravity does, and I feel like FO8, BF1, GTR's are heavily affected by finding the compromise between the two, which shouldn't really be the case (especially not for the BF1).

Anyway, I don't exactly know what can be done by this, perhaps a progressive spring option or simply a 3rd element spring/damper that takes over at a certain range of suspension.

EDIT : Also perhaps adding the option of pull-rod suspension, or having certain fixed points that would pivot/rotate around a point to have inboard suspension would make the Open wheelers a bit more lifelike.
Continued :
Another cool addition to this would also be the possibility to change roll centers on the car, I.E adjust the wishbones up and down by 10cm+/- to fine adjust setup, it's something you can do in the editor and I think it should be a option to have in the setup as well, it has quite a big impact on the way the cars handle, puts energy through the tires and how the chassis reacts to it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG