The online racing simulator
LFS Unlocks.
(9 posts, started )
LFS Unlocks.
I'm relatively new to LFS. I look at my account status and it says that I have 2 available unlocks. What does this mean?
Every week you get a 4 unlocks, now you have 2, because you used 2 unlocks, next week you will have 3 or 4 available unlocks (not really sure). But if you run out of unlocks you can mail the developers and receive an extra unlock - https://www.lfs.net/mailus Smile
But what ARE the unlocks? What do they do?
Unlocks your S1/S2/S3 license. Otherwise, you are locked as Demo user.

I just noticed you have created 3 threads. Big grin
** Best answer **
When you install LFS on your computer it only allows you to use demo content until you unlock the licenced content with your account details.
Quote from https://www.lfs.net/agreement :3.1 You may install LFS on 2 computers for your own use.
3.2 You will initially be able to unlock LFS 3 times. This allows you to unlock on two computers and keep one spare unlock.
3.3 We recognise that people may buy a new computer or reinstall their operating system from time to time. For this reason, we will automatically give you an extra spare unlock once a week (every friday morning), up to a maximum of having 2 spare unlocks available. The number of unlocks you have left can be found on your status page.

IIRC maximum number of unlocks was increased from 3 to 4 since the release of LFS Editor because that needs to be unlocked separately.

Hopefully this is detailed enough answer Smile
I see. Thank you very much.
When I unlock LFS and later close the program. Then i sign out from windows. When I sign in again and open LFS, I have to unlock it again using one of the three unlocks you get once a week. Is it menat to do so or is something wrong? How does it work?
#8 - Ped7g
Quote from chi_rho :Is it menat to do so or is something wrong?

The unlock writes somewhere the license data (plus some identification of PC data which must match) (disk or windows register or who knows where), so next time you run the LFS, it should be unlocked.

Maybe it fails to write these, or you have some OS setup which makes it look as different PC every time you login into windows?

Maybe post full disk path where LFS is installed, it's often recommended to use simple path without space or special characters, like "C:\LFS\" to avoid possible bugs in LFS code handling paths (if this helps, maybe you can report which path is causing error and Scawen could fix it in future version).

Also if you are using some other tools, encrypted file system, some cleaner of registry or some containerization/isolation SW, antivirus, it may help to mention at least names of the SW and OS version, maybe you have something which reverts all changes the LFS does try to write to OS, cancelling the unlock?

Or maybe it's something completely different. Smile (I'm trying to help by suggesting how you can improve the bug report, but I have no good guess why it is happening, so it may be also something different)
Thank you very much!

LFS Unlocks.
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG