The online racing simulator
Ban from a model for no reason?
(25 posts, closed, started )
You banned me from posting mods for a ridiculous reason, what does my name have to do with this name, you should have blocked it while creating it, why are you preventing me from posting mods because of my name and sending my mod to change I want to approve that mod and I can't update the mod because of your ban, don't ban it for nonsense reasons.
Vehicle Mod Submissions Suspended
You are not allowed to submit or alter Vehicle Mods.

Unsuitable user name

This Reason ?
mister 0hShit your name isn't nice ... change name then do mods
This is ridiculous of the LFS staff, they let the name through and now that the guy's paid them for the license they have a problem with it... How professional
#5 - TAJM
Quote from 0hShit :Vehicle Mod Submissions Suspended
You are not allowed to submit or alter Vehicle Mods.

Unsuitable user name

This Reason ?

Why were you surprised?
It's your payment for the time and effort you put into the sim,
to create a living for the developers... seems totally fair.
Pure capitalism, accompanied by censorship working so hard that they even don't know what they are going to figure out as the next step, to make up a bogus reason to get banned, suspended, rejected, and denied.

p.s.: Not to mention that this is discrimination and it's against the law in the EU, and all other civilized countries.
-
(TAJM) DELETED by TAJM : duplication
-
(Androphp) DELETED by Androphp : Wrong msg
The fact that this name is valid is something they allow after all, and it is a bit ridiculous that it states as you are banned in the mod category because of your name. I want a refund or the right to change the name, the responsibility of these officials
Quote from 0hShit :The fact that this name is valid is something they allow after all

Sorry but there isn't any filter so u can't state that nick it's vaild. It's on the edge of rules. Why u tried to use such nickname...?
You can create a new account with a proper (in public areas accepted) name and ask developers to transfer your licence status to that. I recall there have been few such cases before,accepted if a name change was really needed. Try your luck by using the contact us form at the bottom of this website.
Try https://www.lfs.net/mailus to get your accountname changed.
I think the name was only a secondary reason, your mods were questionable because their 3D models came from other games/credits were wrong. Also every mod had the same description "Edown Family Private Drift Car"
#11 - TAJM
Quote from Eclipsed :You can create a new account with a proper (in public areas accepted) name and ask developers to transfer your licence status to that. I recall there have been few such cases before,accepted if a name change was really needed. Try your luck by using the contact us form at the bottom of this website.

An already paid service (in the form of an account) versus "luck".
Its a ritual reality right now...
1) It's a user who created that name after being prevented from uploading mods with his original name after rule breaking.

2) Before we realised it was a duplicate user, we wrote to this user (this morning) to tell him we can move the license to a new user name.

3) All he has been doing is uploading mods converted from other games.

So it's just a user messing us around and now creating a fuss about nothing. I hope no-one thinks we actually sit here checking every user name that is created in real time. We've discovered this unsuitable user name and realised that we had to delete it.

I realise that some people are quite annoyed that we have decided to clamp down on illegal models, so they want to create a stir. But nothing is going to change. If you keep making a noise, we won't suddenly say that you can upload models ripped from other games. It's just getting silly now. Users have been rude to the reviewers repeatedly and it is getting out of hand.

The last two days I have had to stop working on the multithreading for a couple of hours to sort out things done by people who are trying to get around the rules. It is now hindering development.
I created a new user account. You can transfer my S3 license there.
Account name : ACGarage
#14 - TAJM
Quote from Scawen :

...I realiZe that some people are quite annoyed that we have decided to clamp down on illegal models, so they want to create a stir. But nothing is going to change. If you keep making a noise, we won't suddenly say that you can upload models ripped from other games. It's just getting silly now. Users have been rude to the reviewers repeatedly and it is getting out of hand.

The last two days I have had to stop working on the multithreading for a couple of hours to sort out things done by people who are trying to get around the rules. It is now hindering development...

Hmmmm, a bit of controversy again, but guess it never happened...just like previously.

"reason for suspension: Uploading mods with very big engine size"

Where is it written that this is breaking any form of rule?
There is no such rule that can be found anywhere on the forum, not even here:
https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/regulations
So, it's kinda the same situation happening just like with the retopology.

Poor reviewers and the "decision-making team" can change whatever they want in an instant, without giving previous warnings or notifying the users about the nature of the change coming.
It's like a despotic governmental body.
We, users paying for the sim, have no intention to care about personal hardships, just like no one cares about the months spent on a mod or mods, but instantly suspending users.

"No noble king exists without his peasants, and no despotic king ever survived the wrath of the peasants." - J. Toldi
Quote from 0hShit :You banned me from posting mods for a ridiculous reason, what does my name have to do with this name, you should have blocked it while creating it, why are you preventing me from posting mods because of my name and sending my mod to change I want to approve that mod and I can't update the mod because of your ban, don't ban it for nonsense reasons.

Nice name you have there 0hShit

Maybe think before act
-
(Viperakecske) DELETED by Viperakecske : ye
Quote from TAJM :
"No noble king exists without his peasants, and no despotic king ever survived the wrath of the peasants." - J. Toldi

This is very live for speed
Quote from TAJM :Hmmmm, a bit of controversy again, but guess it never happened...just like previously.

"reason for suspension: Uploading mods with very big engine size"

Section 5:
Quote :5.3 Unsuitable Content: any aspect of a vehicle mod that is (potentially) unsuitable for LFS racers will be rejected or may be requested to be adjusted.

Section 6:
Quote : Once your first Vehicle Mod submission has been published, you can self-publish any consecutive submissons. If however at any time you introduce changes that are unacceptable and breach any of the clauses in section 5, we reserve the right to un-publish or delete your Vehicle Mod, optionally combined with denying you further access to the Vehicle Mod submission and review process.

Quote from Scawen : 3) All he has been doing is uploading mods converted from other games.

Oh well that explains all
Quote from TAJM :"reason for suspension: Uploading mods with very big engine size"

I'm not really replying to TAJM, but just for the record for any reasonable people following this thread. This is about people hacking their .eng file, to contain far larger wavs than the limit that LFS allows, and that wav file being music rather than an actual engine sound. Then going online and selecting that hacked mod, forcing others to download that 30 MB mod and busting their eardrums with extremely loud music.

To pretend this is reasonable behaviour is just ridiculous.
Nobody complained about it, did they? Only place this happened is the JAR server and everyone seemed to have loved it. If the reviewer who locked the mod did the right thing of just unpublishing it this all couldve been avoided.
Also, what about other mods that bypass LFS limits, Scawen? Why don't you ban those users too? We're talking tires the size of a building
To be clear: Development must go on and the mods system must remain workable and legal.

When we hear about mods that have been hacked, or the model replaced with a different model, or any of these kinds of deliberate rule breaking and disruption, we will unpublish that mod and most likely suspend the user from uploading mods.

I'll unsubscribe from this thread now as I have work to do. Dealing with mod disruption isn't going to become my life's main focus. Thank you.
Quote from Scawen :I'm not really replying to TAJM, but just for the record for any reasonable people following this thread. This is about people hacking their .eng file, to contain far larger wavs than the limit that LFS allows, and that wav file being music rather than an actual engine sound. Then going online and selecting that hacked mod, forcing others to download that 30 MB mod and busting their eardrums with extremely loud music.

To pretend this is reasonable behaviour is just ridiculous.

That's all good. However, for two days I tried to inform your reviewer about another violation. But no one listened to me. If necessary, I can provide correspondence and proof. Where I see a mod with a violation, I write a complaint about it.

But. They don't want to listen to me. We are talking about the LARGHERR B282T mod. If you haven't seen him, then please pay attention to him. I think you will have a few questions in your head why the wheels are so huge. After all, the limitations in LFS Editor are very modest. This mod has a direct intervention in the LFS Editor code, using third-party HEX programs. The situation is absolutely the same as in the case of .eng files. And now back to the fact that the reviewer ignored my complaint about this mod.

I want to tell you that it's not fair. And I will ask you to fix this situation personally, if your assistants can handle it.
I see. Maybe I will have a look into it. But I'd like to ask you first, are you saying:

1) Because that mod has values outside the limits, that is the reason why you hex edited the engine files and cause disruption online?
2) Because that mod has values outside the limits, that gives you an excuse to cause disruption?
3) Did that mod with edited wheel values actually cause disruption, sore ears, excessive HDD usage when used online?

Why are you even mentioning it now? Do you believe that pointing out something else somehow reduces your own rule-breaking? Or is it that the existence of that LARGHERR mod has pushed you over the edge and that's why you now break the rules, so actually you are a victim rather than a perpetrator, and should receive counseling instead of punishment? Big grin I think you need to have a little think about your priorities in life.

By the way, to those who simply can't stand that we are trying to run a mods system that is legal and doesn't support models ripped from other games, why don't you go and use the other games that have a mods system that does suit you, or maybe even play the games that have the models you want to rip?
Quote from Scawen :I see. Maybe I will have a look into it. But I'd like to ask you first, are you saying:

1) Because that mod has values outside the limits, that is the reason why you hex edited the engine files and cause disruption online?
2) Because that mod has values outside the limits, that gives you an excuse to cause disruption?
3) Did that mod with edited wheel values actually cause disruption, sore ears, excessive HDD usage when used online?

Why are you even mentioning it now? Do you believe that pointing out something else somehow reduces your own rule-breaking? Or is it that the existence of that LARGHERR mod has pushed you over the edge and that's why you now break the rules, so actually you are a victim rather than a perpetrator, and should receive counseling instead of punishment? Big grin I think you need to have a little think about your priorities in life.

By the way, to those who simply can't stand that we are trying to run a mods system that is legal and doesn't support models ripped from other games, why don't you go and use the other games that have a mods system that does suit you, or maybe even play the games that have the models you want to rip?

Why are you avoiding your own lack of consistency? Why did you put a mod archive size limit of 32mb or whatever if you ban people that use up only 70-80% of it? Get YOUR priorities straight, Scawen. I have no more to say to this, because it's pointless to try to make any sense with you.
-
(neozixxs) DELETED by Scawen : spam
-
(URUQ) DELETED by Scawen : spam
Argument thread -> closed
This thread is closed

(25 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG