The online racing simulator
Some servers have rules, Some servers have server admins, people who actually give up thier time and sit there, some not even racing, to ensure you can have a problem free race.

Rather than come on here and give others crap for your not reading of rules, why not PAY for your own server, make up your own set of rules and be done with having fun on your own.

Damage can be done to expensive equipment, if it were real life, im quite sure you'd be stripped of any licence you owned and removed from the track.

Things have consequences.

Example, the Redline guys and gals will one day get fed up of reading crap about them and how thier ideas are not right and how thier Server rules are not respected, and one day they will realise that they are paying money to rent a server, for it to be abused and for thier name to be dragged through the LFS Official Forums Mud, and one day they will stop. They will stop paying, stop admining, and there you have it, yet another unadmined LFS server to join the other 400+

And the scrounging, moaning people will simple move on to the next target.

Why bring others down with you? If you dont like something on a server, move on to the next, there are over 400 of them, your sure to find one thats good for you, and if not, hey, buy one.

*Goes back to dark corner*
#27 - SamH
Let's not disappear down the path of remunerative damages. If you buy a FFB wheel, the responsibility if it breaks is entirely limited to the relationship between you, the merchant (the shop you bought it from - for the first year, if bought in the UK) and the manufacturer. You can NOT make the leap to the person who "wrecked" you after a race.

If it breaks within the first year, you can return it to the store you purchased it from. A FFB wheel that breaks as a direct result of the strength of the motor, against the materials of its own construction, can comfortably be described as a manufacturing defect and can be returned to the store for a full refund or replacement. Outside of the first year, it may be covered by a manufacturer's warranty (optional on their part, no legal obligation), and if it's older than that, you've had your fun out of it. Go buy a new wheel.
Heres my number 1 top tip for having a great time in the Redline server. You see the little messages that pop up when you enter...read them...then type !rules...and read those...now the easy bit...DON'T BREAK THEM!
As I said in the first post...Rant over! ive had my say and put my point across.

And yes I try to be as clean as I can in a race (Its the only way I finish in a good place being all steady eddy.... And Mr Silver....ya wrong on one score...Im not fast 1:09:41 PB.

But when racers who have been in the game for hours in the same day start getting treated with no respect(And Im not talking about me), it just got my back up. Yep I should of just walked away......or kept quiet..... But I was not happy and for once decided to say so

Sure I should read your rules, and I did when I first joined the server. Sure I should be all well behaved and not question whats going on when my personal conduct was well within the rules.

What I would like to say is in 20 years of gaming I have never know a force feedback device fail due to the game. If it did then its just not up to the job........

I wish the RedLine racing server continued sucsess
#30 - Jakg
i remember a while ago somone had a rather bad rallyx crash in an XRG and it broke his DFP completely - and yes, i DO remember the rules talking about FFB wheels for quite some time
I tell you one thing about LSF, Lack of sleep!!!!! its 3:30 am...illepall
#32 - Gunn
Quote from finlay :
What I would like to say is in 20 years of gaming I have never know a force feedback device fail due to the game. If it did then its just not up to the job........

It's quite easy to wreck a Logitech wheel and many other brands are made of similarly flimsy materials and construction. Crashing into an unattended car is a good way to achieve that. Many products "aren't up to the job" of being treated in a manner contrary to what they have been designed for.
Sure I should read your rules, and I did when I first joined the server. Sure I should be all well behaved and not question whats going on when my personal conduct was well within the rules.

How do you know if you don't even read the rules?
#34 - Goop
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Sure I should read your rules, and I did when I first joined the server. Sure I should be all well behaved and not question whats going on when my personal conduct was well within the rules.

How do you know if you don't even read the rules?

I think maybe you should spend more time reading and less time posting.

Finlay, I can see your point - it sucks being a regular yet being treated with little or no respect. But like has been said repeatedly, it's their server, their rules... ultimately, we're in their house

I for one love a server where foul/offensive language = auto-ban, tho I'd like to see them spend more time pulling up T1 crashers.

Thanks Redline Racing, I have a ball on your server most nights
Being rammed after a race is not my Idea of fun, and it does the wheel no good getting violenty rammed lock to lock.

We have the best race sim going why turn it into a banger arcade game after the race ends?.
Really curious what fun people get from ramming into another car as hard as they can, a bit of a laugh maybe the first couple of times , but over and over again?.

LFS is a simulator ,lets treat it like one

Just my humble opinion

John
What kind of a *beep* wheel is it that can be actually destroyed by it's own motor power? Even if the motor slams the wheel 1000+ times it should not break. That's just crappy designing. illepall
#37 - Gunn
Quote from kurent :What kind of a *beep* wheel is it that can be actually destroyed by it's own motor power?

Every wheel on the market, with perhaps a very few exceptions.
Quote from kurent :What kind of a *beep* wheel is it that can be actually destroyed by it's own motor power? Even if the motor slams the wheel 1000+ times it should not break. That's just crappy designing. illepall

No, because basically you're expected to have your hands on the wheel... No matter how sturdy you build the wheel, something's gonna give sometime, even all carbon ones would eventually break due to strain. You ever wonder why every part in every appliance you have at home has a designated MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures)? Because stuff simply breaks... You wear them more, they break sooner.
If Bawbags in the race ,and the remote change that he is ahead of me at finish

I will aim for him every time lol

my tuppenth worth is lower your ff settings I have 10% in game

SD.
btw, how can a wheel turn lock to lock when its rammed? i usually grab it lol. maybe she jumps up, covers her eyes, and scream
too bad she made her teammates just as agressive as herself. they werent so rude in apexi. shes like the resurrected hitler. now im glad she left fusion..illepall
Hmmm

Try hitting me after a trace, on my server, and you are history. It`s not good behaviour to ram each others cars, after a race.

When I have participated in a longer race, with friends, I can sometimes join a little fun and showoff. But if they ram me with full speed, I get mad !

Especially if it`s a stranger to me.

One situation is acceptable, even after a short race, is if you fougth "door to door" with a guy the whole race, and he GENTLY bumps into your car after the race. This is more a tribute and respect bumping, than a wrecking act.
If it's the case that playing LFS can get your FF wheel destroyed it should not be up to the serveradmins. LFS should have (atleast optional) protection against this. Seriously, the fact that you can stop in the pit, go to the bathroom and take a dump then come back and see your wheel burning?
Seriously. I know LFS has one of the best FF simulation ever made but sometimes realism goes too far. I fear the day I find a crack in my monitor.
Another post about the redline server, another post about being kicked or banned.

No more please, just take it like and man and go scream into your pillow or something.
Quote from tehSnaile :If it's the case that playing LFS can get your FF wheel destroyed it should not be up to the serveradmins. LFS should have (atleast optional) protection against this. Seriously, the fact that you can stop in the pit, go to the bathroom and take a dump then come back and see your wheel burning?
Seriously. I know LFS has one of the best FF simulation ever made but sometimes realism goes too far. I fear the day I find a crack in my monitor.

Or biggie in your living room
The fact that technology is not up to the punishment of a 150+ mph inpact on a stationary car is really not the point. If you dont do it, there is no problem.

Its been said before, LFS is suppost to be a simulator, a Racing Simulater, not a Crash Simulator, there are enough (including me) who are regular Crash testers (by my own and others mistakes) in races, we simply dont need the practice after the race.
just na idea...if scawen could add events like "race start" and race end (i don't remember if they already are in latest pacth) then people could just bind two scripts to those events to disable ffb after race and enable at start, so people will automatically protected by after race rammers ...i know it would be better to don't have rammers, but this could be a prevention anyway
Quote from garph :Another post about the redline server, another post about being kicked or banned.

No more please, just take it like and man and go scream into your pillow or something.

You get a gold star for the most sensible post in this thread.
Ok lets see rules of server... i broke them... now i am banned WHY!!!

And really do you think coming onto the forum and start moaning about the admins is going to help no!!!!

If you CANT or dont want to stick to the rules then just dont enter the server in the first place

And rev well your just pathetic

P.S from now on any rants or moans at any of our admins will probaly result in a ban as i for one am sick of hearing it
Quote from tombarlin :Ok lets see rules of server... i broke them... now i am banned WHY!!!

And really do you think coming onto the forum and start moaning about the admins is going to help no!!!!

If you CANT or dont want to stick to the rules then just dont enter the server in the first place

And rev well your just pathetic

P.S from now on any rants or moans at any of our admins will probaly result in a ban as i for one am sick of hearing it

no matter how hard i search, i cant really see other topics about getting banned from servers except from RR. so many ppl cant be wrong dude. if i were u, i would think it over. but yeah, im just pathetic, and many others of us, so just dont listen to me, please..
Quote from garph :Another post about the redline server, another post about being kicked or banned.

Hey dude, it's in fashion now to be banned from THE RR server illepall

no one really remember Andre's or FM servers anymore.. oh those classics ..

Quote from tombarlin : P.S from now on any rants or moans at any of our admins will probaly result in a ban as i for one am sick of hearing it

ehm.. I see someone here who definitely should try the good old *blub* trick..

P.S. oh yeah, don't forget to ban me
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG