The online racing simulator
LOPE ASTA
(9 posts, started )
LOPE ASTA
Vehicle mod: LOPE ASTA
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/EBB1E0

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Special thanks to NANO & Kolev Smile MOD IS NOW PUBLIC!

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Lope Asta, probably your first car, after you get driving license, because your parents are too scared to drive a fast car. Yep, thats it. This is the old trusty LOPE ASTA. Equipped with 2.0 Ecotec engine, which can barely make 190km/h

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Very nice mod & nice looking!. Drives nicely Thumbs up
Any plans to make a more powerful or even a TBO-alike spec version?

That aside, found a few issues with the skinmap:
  • Left side is mirrored, so decals on that side need to be mirrored for it to be displayed correctly in the car
  • There is a small discrepancy vertically between Right and Left which the wireframe on the Left (bottom side cutout) is stretched a bit. RIGHT is 461px high and LEFT is 465px. If the wireframe can be equal as the Right that would be amazing Big grin
edit: added screenshots
(for shots #4 and #5 use zoom and side-by-side)
Attached images
left.jpg
right.jpg
sides.png
left-cut.jpg
right-cut.jpg
Possible to get it 50-60kg lighter to get it with xfg and xrg performance
?
#4 - Racon
This was my last car, and this feels remarkably familiar. Top job!
Quote from rog_nilsson :Possible to get it 50-60kg lighter to get it with xfg and xrg performance
?

Since the mod is now available in TC City Driving, I don't want to touch anything regards the physics ( HP, kg , tire size etc.. ) But I might do Time Attack version.

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Very nice mod & nice looking!. Drives nicely Thumbs up
Any plans to make a more powerful or even a TBO-alike spec version?

That aside, found a few issues with the skinmap:
  • Left side is mirrored, so decals on that side need to be mirrored for it to be displayed correctly in the car
  • There is a small discrepancy vertically between Right and Left which the wireframe on the Left (bottom side cutout) is stretched a bit. RIGHT is 461px high and LEFT is 465px. If the wireframe can be equal as the Right that would be amazing Big grin
edit: added screenshots
(for shots #4 and #5 use zoom and side-by-side)

I will probably do Time Attack version. Clear interior ( less kg ), more powerful engine.

About the skin issue - Not sure if I can fix it, but I will definetly look it up. Thanks

Quote from Racon :This was my last car, and this feels remarkably familiar. Top job!

Thanks.
Its acceleration is fine, but I couldn't understand why the top speed was so low(I think high wind resistance). It can only see 195 km/h. Factory data is 208 km/h. 220 km/h dashboard is good for tracking. It would be nice if it could stay at 220 and reach 215 km/h.
Quote from seksen :Its acceleration is fine, but I couldn't understand why the top speed was so low(I think high wind resistance). It can only see 195 km/h. Factory data is 208 km/h. 220 km/h dashboard is good for tracking. It would be nice if it could stay at 220 and reach 215 km/h.

probably something with downforce and aerodynamics, will check later
LFS garage areodynamics tab shows (needs test patch to see it) it has 790N drag at 40m/s - all default LFS road cars have 640N. Since this car is somewhat taller than coupes,I would suggest to aim for 680-700N and test if that matches with real life data.
My father bought this car in 2006 (2002 manufacture year) and we're still driving it (me mostly). Can't wait to test it in lfs, tnx very much for the mod, on the pictures it looks spot on, interrior could use some more details, but it's fine. About max speed, I never went faster than 180km/h with it when it was newish, my guess is that would cap at 195km/h or so. Already at about 140km/h it starts lifting front end a little and the wheel becomes super light, aero is quite bad on it.

LOPE ASTA
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG