Traction Control
ABS
Default configuration
Offroad Configuration
Advanced skin template.
More to come in next updates.

Rims made by VladM.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
Hey dude, cool mod but your front wheel offset needs to be fixed, its violent on the wheel
Quote from M3THANOL :Hey dude, cool mod but your front wheel offset needs to be fixed, its violent on the wheel

Thanks for the note, but may i have more info?
You mean it needs more offset ?
Sorry should have elaborated.
You need to reduce the offset a lot to stop the violent torque steer/ snap that the steering does when turning and accelerating. This is a real issue on many LFS mods that are either front wheel drive or four wheel drive. You can then correct for the reduced track width by increasing the Lower Arm Length and Upper Arm Length to bring it back to what you want.

Just using offset to widen the track width is only okay on the rear wheels which don't steer but when you do that on the front wheels you drastically increase the distance between the centerline of the tyre/ wheel and the ball joint/ pivot point for the wheel to steer around. You would have the same issue in real life if you had wide spacers on your wheels. It all comes down to scrub radius and if you have positive scrub radius it causes these issues that I am referring to. This is also made worse by the large diameter wheels and tyres

Read this if you would like to get a better grasp of what I mean.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/effect-wheel-offset-change-scrub-radius-bernadus-yuniar-arswendo/
Attached images
Humhii.png
Quote from M3THANOL :Sorry should have elaborated.
You need to reduce the offset a lot to stop the violent torque steer/ snap that the steering does when turning and accelerating. This is a real issue on many LFS mods that are either front wheel drive or four wheel drive. You can then correct for the reduced track width by increasing the Lower Arm Length and Upper Arm Length to bring it back to what you want.

Just using offset to widen the track width is only okay on the rear wheels which don't steer but when you do that on the front wheels you drastically increase the distance between the centerline of the tyre/ wheel and the ball joint/ pivot point for the wheel to steer around. You would have the same issue in real life if you had wide spacers on your wheels. It all comes down to scrub radius and if you have positive scrub radius it causes these issues that I am referring to. This is also made worse by the large diameter wheels and tyres

Read this if you would like to get a better grasp of what I mean.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/effect-wheel-offset-change-scrub-radius-bernadus-yuniar-arswendo/

I got what you mean and will adjust in next update.. Thank you very much for the detailed response Smile
Awesome, glad it made sense Smile
Quote from M3THANOL :Hey dude, cool mod but your front wheel offset needs to be fixed, its violent on the wheel

I guess there is the same issue with BZG SUV? I need to reduce the offset, right? Not making it 0 or negative?

EDIT - I'm confused... in the attached screenshots, point 1 or point 2 should I take into consideration?
The top part of the wheel or the bottom is the starting point? Uhmm

EDIT № 2: in the updated version of this mod, the offset is negative (last attached shot), right?
Should I make it the same way in the BZG SUV?
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
Quote from Evolution_R :I guess there is the same issue with BZG SUV? I need to reduce the offset, right? Not making it 0 or negative?

EDIT - I'm confused... in the attached screenshots, point 1 or point 2 should I take into consideration?
The top part of the wheel or the bottom is the starting point? Uhmm

As i understood, the less the offset the less the wheel rotation center is far from the pivot point (ball joint)
So in theory when there's longer offset then there's longer rotation diameter and the center of the wheel move while rotating aswell, where the ideal scenario is the wheel rotating around it's central point wiwh is almost rigid.
That central point is in the middle of the half upright arm (the blue tube)
So the less offset the more center the wheel or the rotation point is more realistic, but definitely not 0
I hope i got that right Big grin
Quote from bayanofmansorofisky :So the less offset the more center the wheel or the rotation point is more realistic, but definitely not 0

To me it looks like the offset is negative? Uhmm
Quote from Evolution_R :To me it looks like the offset is negative? Uhmm

I think i just said a shitload of nonsense lol
Ok so the real thing, the vertical imaginary axis on the wheel itself should cross with the axis of the blue tube (half upright) in the point of where the wheel touch the ground.
Glad to see that its has started some conversation Smile

bayanofmansorofisky - Hahaha you have summed it up well, its not the offset that is the whole issue but the combination of factors that you mentioned. The actual figure that you must watch is "scrub". Positive scrub makes the wheel rip violently in ones hands when you are accelerating and turning and there is a rapid jump between traction and loss of traction (FWD and AWD).

Evolution_R - Just keep in mind that offset and scrub are not the same thing. Offset is the space between the centerline of the wheel and the centerline of the balljoint/ pivot point of the hub. Offset has an impat on scrub but things like upper and lower control arm length and location of the thrust bearing (top shock mount) also affect this.

As I was told when I made my first mod, look at the standard LFS cars for guidance on how to build your suspension, once you have a grip on that you can then build your own and tweak it as you desire.

My Stupidvan mod is based on the LFS F08 suspension but I have then worked on the lower and upper control arms to get the track width I want and to get the handling the way I want. The longer your lower and upper control arms are the more progressive the suspension will be and will allow for greater travel and the inverse for shorter arms which will be more snappy with far less travel.
Always keep in mind what you are building and which wheels are the driven wheels, if its a FWD or AWD car, the front wheels are driven and as such your scrub needs to be right or you will have a car that wants to rip the wheel out of your hands more often because the front wheels have to handle putting the power down, braking and steering.

On a RWD car the front wheels only have to handle steering and braking so there is one less force to worry about. However, if you have too much offset you will then find the wheel ripping out of your hands when you hit a curb or if your fronts lock up under braking and then regain traction. This comes back to the "lever" action between the tyre and the ball joint.

Okay I have typed an essay but I am sure it will make sense
Quote from M3THANOL :Always keep in mind what you are building and which wheels are the driven wheels, if its a FWD or AWD car, the front wheels are driven and as such your scrub needs to be right or you will have a car that wants to rip the wheel out of your hands more often because the front wheels have to handle putting the power down, braking and steering.

On a RWD car the front wheels only have to handle steering and braking so there is one less force to worry about. However, if you have too much offset you will then find the wheel ripping out of your hands when you hit a curb or if your fronts lock up under braking and then regain traction. This comes back to the "lever" action between the tyre and the ball joint.

Okay I have typed an essay but I am sure it will make sense

Thank you so much for this valuable information!
I have no where so yes this wil definitely help me get stuff done properly.. Cheers! RoflSmile
Pleasure buddy, just drove it, MUCH better!!!
Cute soapbox with wheels 👍

a minor thing: The dashboard is a bit cursed when using the driver side on the Right (2nd attachment)
Attached images
lfs_00000006.jpg
lfs_00000007.jpg
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Cute soapbox with wheels 👍

a minor thing: The dashboard is a bit cursed when using the driver side on the Right (2nd attachment)

Yep i realized that, thanksBig grin

HUMHII
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG