The online racing simulator
Hill Climb Course
(131 posts, started )
any videos of Hillclimb crashes??
Quote from Tomi :I knew his website but you have to see them in real !

I know
I have been to Eichebühl last year, it may be a bit short at it was soaking wet last year, but it's the only even't near my home ...
But in real-life(tm) it's insane how much louder the prototypes and the formulas are. And the cars with Anti-lag, they are really really loud, if they don't run full throttle
Yeah..
He and what lacks me, then just the rout in mountains, the rhodium from initial d. it Was great if they came into being some day such rout, like though one, with 4 possibilities.
On the example normal - hillclimb. reversed - downhill. etc.
[sorry 4 my english]
Quote from Jamexing :Group B 600hp monster + twisty WRC mountain stage == Ultimate LFS

Just play Burns.
#106 - Don
it's good, but not LFS good..
imagine Mt. Weissehorn with uphill and downhill tarmac road, with Col de Tourini like pass and a tunnel (as long backstraight) completing a curcuit, and crossing at the pass with dirt junction to make rally and rallycross (thou i havent heard of hillRX) possible :yummy:

:Kick_Can_

even if drifters would use it downhill only
Quote from AndRand : imagine Mt. Weissehorn with uphill and downhill tarmac road, with Col de Tourini like pass and a tunnel (as long backstraight) completing a curcuit, and crossing at the pass with dirt junction to make rally and rallycross (thou i havent heard of hillRX) possible :yummy:

:Kick_Can_

even if drifters would use it downhill only

i think it would be cool to drift uphill to
that could be a FOX or FO8
And why didn't they make that course just a little bit tighter... That's just crazy.
+1

id love to drive my beloved XRT on one.
+1 for a hill climb track, a "Les Rangieres" look alike would be awesome!
Maybe a long and short version would be great so you can have fast on/line races for the people that dont have patience! Or implement in the servers option the possibility to decide the time space between the start of the cars (like 10/20/30 etc. seconds between each car).
Plus in LFS we dont need to restart the cars that are running if a crash occurs; we have spectate button to remove cars!
Quote from Shotglass :is that a purpose built hill climb course ? most hill climbs i know are usually done on regular roads

Yes as far as I'm aware that is a purpose built course although I couldn't tell you whether it was ever anything before.

edit// Actually it's not. Asked my Dad today when he got back and this is a public road which leads to an estate.

Quote from deggis :And why didn't they make that course just a little bit tighter... That's just crazy.

It's as wide as a Fiesta was how they described the track when my Dad had the rear too stiffly sprung and lost it over a bump, jamming it solid between two barriers. He had the wings made of glass fibre so they had a a bit of a job moving it I think he did that towards the end of the run.

That video is the current record holder time.
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd rekindle an old one....

I wondered what the Dev's opinions were on a hill climb course as a future development>?

I think it would be a great addition and something that would be a lot of fun for spectators as well as for participants and server owners/drivers. A totally different skill and really fun to add to LFS. Maybe have ability to reverse and go downhill too.

Thoughts?
Quote from StableX :Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd rekindle an old one....

I wondered what the Dev's opinions were on a hill climb course as a future development>?

I think it would be a great addition and something that would be a lot of fun for spectators as well as for participants and server owners/drivers. A totally different skill and really fun to add to LFS. Maybe have ability to reverse and go downhill too.

Thoughts?

1.500 post , and you dont see they are already like 15 Thread asking for a hill climb stage or raly stage??
Quote from Inouva :1.500 post , and you dont see they are already like 15 Thread asking for a hill climb stage or raly stage??

Wake up and read what I put..... if I hadn't checked, why would I add to an existing thread rather than start a new one.... Oh hello... you need a coffee
I know it's about 3.5 years since the thread started, and of course developers have their own roadmap for their project, but I couldn't resist the temptation to add my opinion.

If hill climbs and/or rally races were added the LFS simulator would gain much quality!!! First of all I think road courses have thousand times more fun than race tracks and they are the joy of race drivers. Plus that they are often more challenging than a circuit.

And of course as long as there isn't any other new rally simulators out there, it would be good for the popularity of LFS too... (Maybe rFactor offers some solution to sim racers hill climb and rallying needs but it has so many car and track mods that it is almost impossible to find a server with the combination you want in order to race online).Just have a look to the videos bellow and have fun!
  1. BMW Norma M20 3L course de côte
  2. mercedes 190 hillclimb
  3. Judd V8 10,000 RPM !!! E36 BMW Hillclimb car
  4. on board f3000 berguerand la broque
  5. Formula 3000 Street Run
If you watch them you can easily understand what we are losing without these type of courses included in a simulation game.
i wish there was hill climb it would make a few aspects happy drifters would have a touge track to drift on slightly grippers could hill climb and hill climbers well they hill climb
Quote from brt900 :i wish there was hill climb it would make a few aspects happy drifters would have a touge track to drift on slightly grippers could hill climb and hill climbers well they hill climb

+1
Quote from brt900 :i wish there was hill climb it would make a few aspects happy drifters would have a touge track to drift on slightly grippers could hill climb and hill climbers well they hill climb

Hill climbs and rallying are two major parts of motor racing! It's a pity they aren't also part of LFS...
There are rally tracks, not much of them, would be cool to have a rally mountain like in GT2 :P

Hill Climb Course
(131 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG