The online racing simulator
New Version 0.7D
(27 posts, started )
New Version 0.7D
Hello Racers,

Today we move on to a new version with some updates for the list of events on the entry screen.

The list of events now shows a countdown to a live stream if it will start within an hour. The number of racers on an event's host is now displayed, either during the event or when it is open for practice. A lock icon is shown if you will need a password to join.

The other changes are mainly fixes for a few issues that were found in the recently released version C, and some user interface improvements.

Please read the full list of changes on the Live for Speed version 0.7D page.

Attached images
lfs_D.jpg
First Smile nice update!
the reporting problems for me has been fixed, thanks for the support
Great job, tnx Smile
Me parece perfecto que el juego siga avanzando!!!
Hello. I updated to the new version from multiplayer today, and now the sim crashes to desktop after a few seconds after launch. The events section to the left loads the first 1 or 2 event images. After which, the game crashes.

I tried to install over the existing location using the latest installer (LFS_S3_7D_setup). The problem persists. I haven't tried doing a clean install, though. Interestingly, if I launch the game through a spr, I can see the replay, and even test drive without a crash. When I click on multiplayer, sim crashes again in a few seconds. Some kind of connection related issue?

Pardon me if it's something already covered. I haven't been active on LFS for a while now.

Win 8.1 64
Core i7 4702 MQ
nVidia Geforce GT 755 SLI
Kodak SSD 1TB
8GB Ram
Attached images
Problem.jpg
Thanks for the report. Only one other user reported a similar issue with version 0.7C.

The crash report showed the crash was in the D3D9 module so we have not been able to track down the problem so far.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1998089#post1998089

Please could you try something - somehow start LFS without a crash (maybe as you suggested, using an SPR). Then try to use a text entry dialog to type /eventlist=no so it does not try to load the list of events. If this seems to stop the problem then we can suppose it may be related to the list of events. I'd like to know if that is the case.

If that doesn't prevent the problem then it could be good to try using the LFS.exe from version 0.7B as suggested in this post:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1998282#post1998282
Quote from Scawen : Then try to use a text entry dialog to type /eventlist=no so it does not try to load the list of events. If this seems to stop the problem then we can suppose it may be related to the list of events. I'd like to know if that is the case.

That did the trick. Thank you so much for your quick response and excellent troubleshooting, Scawen! Also, kudos to you and the team for the latest developments in LFS and the improving graphics updates.
Allow formula cars on rally pls
Attached images
image_2022-04-18_143523887.png
how did you even complete a lap
He is asking how did you complete a lap if formula cars are not allowed on rally tracks. You should be a bit more specific when you are requesting something. Being a snob will not get you anywhere.
Quote from rane_nbg :He is asking how did you complete a lap if formula cars are not allowed on rally tracks. You should be a bit more specific when you are requesting something. Being a snob will not get you anywhere.

You can drive them on Rallycross tracks, just the hotlaps get refused on lfsworld for upload.
Quote from rane_nbg :He is asking how did you complete a lap if formula cars are not allowed on rally tracks. You should be a bit more specific when you are requesting something. Being a snob will not get you anywhere.

I answered

and it is allowed,just cant upload
Upgraded to gigabit internet, mods still download at 50-150kb/s sadly.
Why is the Join Button not working for my event? It was working in First Round, But dont working now..All that has changed between rounds is that I added sign up by LFS site. Ill signup to it, dosnt help. Server working fine. Hoster do not change anything. And for other players button dosnt working too. At first I thought that because of the track that I chose to open (R01X) for the event. In Round options in my legue open track can't be chosen, only RO1. But when i change it on server on closed R01 it doesn't working too.. I Set cars in Round options as on server it dosnt help too.
I set up the password as it was on the league description, not working.. And cleared it. It Doesn't working too. Server was restarted, and i even update Season Details, and Round Details few times, all of that dosnt helping.
I think I've tried everything. How i can fix that? Maybe its bug?

And another question, i suppose even if you set a password on server as it was on the league description random people can enter on the server (when the button is working) like there is no password? Cuz in First Round i'll see some random guys entered on server like nothing happened and play like on public server. And some other players said that they don't even put a password to enter on server but it was actually set there.
Attached images
Снимок экрана 2022-05-04 225949.jpg
Снимок экрана 2022-05-04 225936.jpg
I'm not sure what the logic on that is, I think it's something to do with allowing people who have signed up, to join the server. It could be something is wrong with that. I'll contact Victor now.
Hi, this issue is now fixed. People who have signed up [via lfs.net for a league with a host that requires a password] will now have a working Join button in LFS.
Quote from Victor :Hi, this issue is now fixed. People who have signed up [via lfs.net for a league with a host that requires a password] will now have a working Join button in LFS.

Thanx for that, yeah its working fine now
A small bug, which, if exploited, can be rather nerve wrecking. The following mod can (at a standstill combining manual clutch and revving) cause a very loud clipping noise : ROCKSPECIAL~016. Loud enough to annoy players heavily (possibly even damage hearing). Can this mod be disabled/deleted as soon as possible? My eardrums thank you in advance Smile
Quote from sicotange :A small bug, which, if exploited, can be rather nerve wrecking. The following mod can (at a standstill combining manual clutch and revving) cause a very loud clipping noise : ROCKSPECIAL~016. Loud enough to annoy players heavily (possibly even damage hearing). Can this mod be disabled/deleted as soon as possible? My eardrums thank you in advance Smile

What is the problem with writing to the author of the mod so that he changes the sound? You're an adult boy, why solve problems like a child?
Quote from Foch_sho :What is the problem with writing to the author of the mod so that he changes the sound? You're an adult boy, why solve problems like a child?

I mean it's not unreasonable to ask Scawen to build in some kind of limiter to prevent sounds that could cause damage.
OK, I've unpublished the mod and asked the author to fix the sound issue. I tested the mod and couldn't really see a bug. I saw there was a lot of clipping when releasing the throttle so I guess it's just bad sound adjustment rather than an actual bug.
Quote from Scawen :OK, I've unpublished the mod and asked the author to fix the sound issue. I tested the mod and couldn't really see a bug. I saw there was a lot of clipping when releasing the throttle so I guess it's just bad sound adjustment rather than an actual bug.

This issue happens when a car is stalled, put it in any gear (1st, etc) preferable on a slight slope and spam the Ignition button (Manual clutch is needed for this to happen). From what I heard it comes down to the engine sound settings, but since I don't know what setting to tune I can't determine what causes it. Probably how LFS generates the engine sound with certain settings generate this side effect.
Thanks for the reproduction method. I tried to narrow it down to the setting responsible for causing this issue which I think now does count as a bug (although easily avoided by the person editing the engine sound).

I sat at Blackwood start, stalled, in 1st gear and spammed the start (ignition) button as Ibtasim suggested.

It seems to me that "Tone variation 1.00" is the problem. When setting this less than 1.00 I did not get the issue. I was also able to reproduce the issue in the XR Turbo by setting "Tone variation" to 1.00. It can take quite a bit of spamming, maybe 10 to 20 times before the clipping issue appears and builds up.

New Version 0.7D
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG