The online racing simulator
"Monitor" - your time engineer ( © KingOfIce app )
DETECT & MONITOR

Detect is a visual spotter fully customisable
You can find more infos about it here : https://www.lfs.net/forum/thre ... -%C2%A9-KingOfIce-app-%29

Monitor is a tool wich give many on screen informations about times & more.
It is conceived and coded by KingOfIce (the owner) at the Gum Garage.
This tool is provided with Detect in a same tool kit wich is named Detect&Monitor.
You can select to active or not the 2 tools from one main window.
As Detect, Monitor is full customisable, you can hide all informations not needed
And You can give custom position for all informations

The Design is smart and discret

The informations :
  • Best lap
  • Predict lap
  • Speed delta
  • Time delta
  • Engaged gear
  • Tachymeter
  • Speedometer
  • Fuel %
  • Laps/fuel
  • Position
  • gap time with direct opponents
    Etc …
(try it, and you will see)
you can save your setting customs informations and position for each cars, or as default
Take a look to the readme.txt file for install instructions (very easy)

Work fine for :Win11, Win10, Win8. Don’t know for XP

You will find a donate button for the Coder Kingofice and also a link to Gum Garage.
If you like it , say it !

Now with D&M, you have a « radar » spotter and fully informations about your pit timer and dashboard.

Quote : V V V V V V Find the last updated "D&M" Zip file in the post below from KingOfIce V V V V V V

note : this file contains the last Detect version

Please read the readme.txt to make the "outgauge" setting (to be done before starting LFS otherwise: setting not taken into account and overwritten when ending LFS)
Have fun...
Looks great! Great job with this and also with Detect, some of the most imporant racing-related features of Lazy trickling down to new software - nice! Thumbs up Keep it up Smile
Man i cannot wait to try this, looks absolutely gorgeous and very promising keep up the great work ☺
nice nice nice nice!!!
Please read the readme.txt to make the "outgauge" setting (to be done before starting LFS otherwise: setting not taken into account and overwritten when ending LFS)
Incredible work, I have tried it and everything works wonderfully 10/10
Congratulations for the excellent work. The program is getting very good.

But I would like some help with an error.

I did the Outgage configuration, as per the readme.txt file.
I set up a numeric password.

I created an entry in the data\script\autoexec.lfs file to call Detect&Monitor automatically when LFS starts.

But when LFS starts, Detect&Monitor gives the following error:

If I close Detect&Monitor and start it manually, the error doesn't happen and it works perfectly.
The error only occurs when I start Detect&Monitor through the autoexec.lfs script

This is my data\script\autoexec.lfs file

This is my data\script\start_detect_monitor.lfs file

This is my cfg.txt file
Attached images
autoexec.png
cfg.png
detect.png
error.png
official issue below Thumbs up
Quote from regispicanco :...
But when LFS starts, Detect&Monitor gives the following error:

Hello,
it's because the application directory is not the active directory so the application can't find its config file (I'll see if I can get the cfg file differently, maybe it would work with a .bat : cd directory then launch exe)
Quote from KingOfIce :Hello,
it's because the application directory is not the active directory so the application can't find its config file (I'll see if I can get the cfg file differently, maybe it would work with a .bat : cd directory then launch exe)

I put the Detect&Monitor in the same directory of LFS and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
very interested byt this way to launch LFS via D&M simple click !
I think I found a bug in the program.

With Detect&Monitor active, when trying to create a local Single Player race with AI drivers, you can add or remove AI drivers as usual, until you click JOIN RACE.
When you click "join race" Detect&Monitor hides the list of AI drivers and shows its widgets.
If I close Detect&Monitor manually, the list of AI drivers reappears.

The video below shows the problem.
https://youtu.be/hiZmL_yvtRE
Thanks, very nice tool, good to have an up-to-date alternative to Lazy Smile

It seems to get a bit confused when hotlapping though, the split prediction behaves quite erratically and the fuel calculations are off.

Also the UI is squashed on my PC for some reason:

Attached images
lfs_00000041.jpg
Capture.PNG
Quote from regispicanco :I think I found a bug in the program.

With Detect&Monitor active, when trying to create a local Single Player race with AI drivers, you can add or remove AI drivers as usual, until you click JOIN RACE.
When you click "join race" Detect&Monitor hides the list of AI drivers and shows its widgets.
If I close Detect&Monitor manually, the list of AI drivers reappears.

The video below shows the problem.
https://youtu.be/hiZmL_yvtRE

i am waiting on your video the moment, you click on "GO" to see if IAs are here or not, but you don't Shrug
Quote from Tomfuel :i am waiting on your video the moment, you click on "GO" to see if IAs are here or not, but you don't Shrug

The AI drivers show up in the race, no problem.

The problem is only in the interface of adding and removing AI drivers. When adding the player, clicking in "join race", the list of AI drivers disappears.

It is possible to add more AI drivers, but it is not possible to remove or change the order of AI, because the list disappears

I believe the correct behavior would be that Detect&Monitor widgets should only appear on the screen after entering the race, not when I click "join race"
I didn't even know that screen existed for the longest time because any InSim buttons sent will hide it and I always had AONIO turned on and sending buttons for radar Big grin

Ctrl+I or Ctrl+B will hide the insim buttons (one is for local InSim buttons, one is for host InSim buttons, but I forget which is which) so that you can see the screen underneath.

I have a countdown-to-restart button that we can use on PM, but I discovered during TOC that I can't use it when that screen is displayed because people can't set themselves as ready. They hit the key combo to clear my countdown button, but they've got less than a second until the next update is sent and removes the screen again...
#20 - cuni
Congratulations, this is exactly what I wanted from LFS Lazy.

It is well done, it integrates immediately. Works!

Few notes:

-Not clear on how to edit the interface
--Since stay on top was not working, had to figure out that the right click on each module, just disables the name not the module. Then had to figure out that you have to:
----Select the model -> alt tab if on top not working -> disable the checkbox for visible

-Not clear on how to save conf for all cars
--Still haven't figured it out, it seems that you have to do for all modules the "save as default", correct?
--On multiplayer servers, when I press "save as default" it returns in the chat "you are not administrator".

Still havent managed to crash the app. Well done, 10/10
Hello,
Update with some feedbacks I saw here or there... available in the link of the 1st post.
(! Only the exe has changed so I advise you to recover only it in order not to lose your current settings !)

1.0.0.6 - 20220602
[Fix] infinite disconnect/reconnect loop when spectate on empty track
[Fix] remove rcm message (Edit Mode), doesn't work if not admin
[Fix] display informations while not on the track
[Improved] Predict, Previous player and Next player - calculation and display
Quote from cuni :
-Not clear on how to edit the interface
--Since stay on top was not working, had to figure out that the right click on each module, just disables the name not the module. Then had to figure out that you have to:
----Select the model -> alt tab if on top not working -> disable the checkbox for visible

I tried to quickly make the 2 presentation videos but I didn't have the time to document everything indeed.
What you discovered is correct: left click=select, right click=show/hide title (I will see about other shortcuts). I'll try to provide more info as time goes by...

Do others have the "stay on top" issue that doesn't work (I had tested as well as Tomfuel and ok for us, I want more information to investigate: Windows version, LFS display mode, etc.)

Quote from cuni :
-Not clear on how to save conf for all cars
--Still haven't figured it out, it seems that you have to do for all modules the "save as default", correct?
--On multiplayer servers, when I press "save as default" it returns in the chat "you are not administrator".

"save for this car" = allows to save the layout only for the current car
"save as default" = allows to save this layout for any car for which no specific layout has been saved (because never used yet for example)
#23 - cuni
The stay on top only works if the game is run under "borderless window" option (shift+F11), which makes sense.

Oh and when do we have to press the save button, per module when editing or when we finish editing the layout(1 time)? When the edit button is red or white? I just treat it like a cookie clicker

Great work guys, this is going to be really useful
excellent application, it only happens to me that when I do alt+tab or shift+p repeatedly, it stops showing me the gadgets and I have to close and open the app and the insim port again
Quote from regispicanco :I created an entry in the data\script\autoexec.lfs file to call Detect&Monitor automatically when LFS starts.

Thank you for this trick. I used to have another app to open LFS addons, or had to open two different shortcuts. Now all I have to do is open the game!

"Monitor" - your time engineer ( © KingOfIce app )
(221 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG