The online racing simulator
Snoopy's WIP Thread.
The mod I'm working on for a long time. It's a long tale to tell. I'll just leave some WIP Pics for now:

Feel free to SUPPORT.
Attached images
S13_GEN3_36.jpg
S13_GEN3_37.jpg
S13_GEN3_70.jpg
S13_GEN3_71.jpg
S13_GEN3_72.jpg
S13_GEN3_73.jpg
S13_GEN3_77.jpg
S13_GEN3_78.jpg
S13_GEN3_84.jpg
S13_GEN3_85.jpg
S13_GEN3_86.jpg
S13_GEN3_87.jpg
S13_GEN3_89.jpg
S13_GEN3_90.jpg
S13_GEN3_93.jpg
S13_GEN3_97.jpg
S13_GEN3_96.jpg
S13_GEN3_99.jpg
S13_GEN3_100.jpg
I love it! even when LFS dont really take advantage of that layers of modelings is really nice to see. Would love to drive it!
Looks good, keep in mind you'll need to remove all branding before it can be added in this game though
I’m rooting for this! This might be the most detailed mod yet! Keep up the great work
Thnak you for kind words. Been doing it for a long time. Technically from 2004 (started as SLRR mod).I think LFS deserves best yet optimised models, that's what i do. The irony that full chassis appeared because of LFS poly limit for body and I could not fill the door gaps because of limit, so i made a full chassis based on my old SLRR model, imported it to another sub-object, where polycount wasn't exceeded. Thus i recieved non transparent gaps + interesting damage model as a bonus. I'm building it on 0.6U, and it has no issues there. But 0.6W54 LFS says there is "too many triangles". I know the problem is because of street version's aero kit. Same stock model has no error, using same chassis model. I did not get my hands on LFS car editor yet. First of all I will finish it as an unofficial mod (I have used to some modelling/mapping techniques) with all parts well made and then i plan to rescale it with CAD to real S13 points and then upload it with all official mod requirements. It's gonna take time, i hope less than another 15 years))))

Watch the video teaser about the taillights i'm very proud of. Took much time to achieve this appearance, but i was first to do so.Petals
https://youtu.be/7PxDY-aJw6U
Pretty sure without it being exported through the LFS Editor the servers won't be able to download it which would be a real waste Frown

Probably worth moving it in to that sooner than later..
great work! keep it going and dont rush it! there´s no point of releasing it very far from what you expect to be finished. We are going to enjoy it same way if its sooner or later!
Looking forward for this for sure! I saw in your instagram that the model has no bumpers / no front hood etc.. please make different configurations for - Missile Drift and etc. It will be cool Big grin

P.S. I actually doesn't see this mod for a first time. I remember seeing it some months ago when modding was still illegal Big grin but planned to be added. So hope you did some improvements from the last time I saw it.
superlame I don't really like missles, as they're just cars crashed by unskilled/reckless drifters. But you wil be able to crash this model to look like a missle). See screenshot in first post with broken taillight.

Ok. Since Devs has changed the game, literally... My plans are broken. The model WILL NOT BE based on XR platform anymore (means it need to be rescaled). The final release WILL NOT include such things as a texture, interface and sound mods (since mods now are integrated). Now i'm thinking of how to seperate all this stuff into a few different zips and how and where to present it. My brain gone overheated with all these news, updates, tools, tutorials, bugs and so on. Plus i haven't been online since 2016 or so. So i did a little break in modeling and was happpy to test new features and just race.

For now i thhink i will just upload some screenshots and(or) videos of progress, related to ANY LFS mods i made, here. And later will sort them as a download links in first post.

I have some old(2016) pictures of smoke texture mod that i planned to include in my S13 release. Tell me what you think, is it worth uploading or someone made something better on current smoke system? The last two are 2020s, Devs changed the DUST saturation so it looks a bit different.
Attached images
Smoke_Comparsion_Q.jpg
Smoke_Comparsion_Q(2).jpg
LFS 2016-10-27 17-51-49-96.jpg
LFS 2016-10-27 17-52-03-53.jpg
LFS 2020-12-01 11-15-58-87.jpg
LFS 2020-06-04 12-42-18-29.jpg
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :as they're just cars crashed by unskilled/reckless drifters.

Even the best of the best crash at one point or another Wink
It's been a while..

Some good news and some bad news.
Good news: we're in Editor.
Bad news i'm out of polycount. This is because my model contains Stock, Street and GT versions parts in one project (supposed to be a complete XR replacement years ago).

Here's the result from inside the Editor:

Anyways. I can not test it even in my Single Player and i have no idea why. Bad normals? Reserved unused texture names that can't be found in textures folder? Polycount exceed? Bad ID? What's the reason?

Also there's some strange problem with tyre texture (can be seen on video). In Photoshop everything is ok. But in editor the're some dead pixels. Any idea hiw it can be fixed?
Attached images
lfs_00000007.jpg
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :It's been a while..

Some good news and some bad news.
Good news: we're in Editor.
Bad news i'm out of polycount. This is because my model contains Stock, Street and GT versions parts in one project (supposed to be a complete XR replacement years ago).

Here's the result from inside the Editor:

Anyways. I can not test it even in my Single Player and i have no idea why. Bad normals? Reserved unused texture names that can't be found in textures folder? Polycount exceed? Bad ID? What's the reason?

Also there's some strange problem with tyre texture (can be seen on video). In Photoshop everything is ok. But in editor the're some dead pixels. Any idea hiw it can be fixed?

3rd of 4 errors is due to rounding - 5.01 megapixels, for example, get rounded down to 5.0 in the error message, however 5 is the hard limit, it can't be exceeded not even by 1 pixel.
Yeah, i know. 5 megapixel is not a problem. I made it less. Texture quality is extra crappy now, but there's no problem to upload a hq texture pack after all.

What bothers me right now is that i have to delete reserved materials or add an unused textures to this project, wich i don't want to do either. But in some point Editor crashes, when it come to interior panels.

Why can't it be as easy as gta modelling arghhhh
It's been a $#!tty few months.... and future is $#!tty as well... but i'm back to modding and i need some help.

There's a questions to figure out:

- Can I somehow avoid auto unite of separated vertices in EDITOR when import my model???? It ruins edges. (Yes I know about smoothing groups, but I need another method for some parts).

- How can I move part's pivot itself? My center mirror's pivot is off-center and I have no idea how to move it back to where it belongs.

- can I make different types of car from one project? For example, if i have all-in-one project XRG-XRT-XRR. I have three types of seats in one project, but i need em for different types of cars in different variations. Should i each time delete all unnecessary parts from my all-in-one model? Or is there other way to store tuning parts?

- Can I lock my model, so nobody can open it's VEH and use it for other projects/games? That option was available in old LFSCarImp. But i tried and opened in EDITOR VEHs that are private. I'm not going to use other people's parts without permission, but it seems possible to.

- Why the same engine sounds different on MOD and on XRT? I use same *.ENG file with same XRT's engine on both.

P.S.
EDITOR is a pain in the ass and ruins things that has been set up well for 0.6.U, anyway thanks mods are available.
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :

1) - can I make different types of car from one project? For example, if i have all-in-one project XRG-XRT-XRR. I have three types of seats in one project, but i need em for different types of cars in different variations. Should i each time delete all unnecessary parts from my all-in-one model? Or is there other way to store tuning parts?

2)- Can I lock my model, so nobody can open it's VEH and use it for other projects/games? That option was available in old LFSCarImp. But i tried and opened in EDITOR VEHs that are private. I'm not going to use other people's parts without permission, but it seems possible to.

1) - Yes with configurations. You can have up to 4 configurations ( You can change only visual parts of the car only sadly. No engine changes/wheel size etc.)

2) - No. Anyone can take the .veh from his LFS/MODS/VEHICLE/modsname folder and put it to the editor and do whatever he wants with it. ofc if you see some parts of your work is used somewhere else in the lfs community u can report it ( i think )
superlame
Thank you for your help.
1) - I've made four configurations. I built them out of 16 rectangle buttons (i think it's "Layers"). But I don't understand how parts appear in those layers. Editor just used my old VOB mod's XRR/XRT/XRR architecture for those buttons, but how do i manually add parts into them? Also some parts are missed or transferred into wrong LOD, also some parts are visible with [M] (main), but they aren't a [M], they're actually an [A] (attachment). Weird.

Anyway. I keep working on it. Thanks to Egor K that gave me an ass kick to learn suspension geometry and finally make it a double wishbone.

Latest updates:
+ It's finally in 0.7C in test mode (pending review)
+ Interior mirrors are in place now ( but still have a bug, appearing on wrong configs)
+ Gauge cluster is remade (now it's more of an S13 look).
+ Digital clock now shows real time instead of 4:20 (goodbye easter egg).
+ Steering wheel + column position adjusted (no more ugly XR wheel position).
+ Seat position adjusted (Animation is still XR's, yet)
+ Added two real gauges instead of static textures to central console for turbo version.
+ Chrome and Metal added, where needed.
+ Front suspension geometry updated.
+ Double wishbone suspension added. Ride height updated (goodbye scratch sounds on bumpy parking driftsFrown).
~ Added four configs (not actually an update, since they were planned as different cars from the day one).

...this time 4:20 is actual time Rofl
Attached images
lfs_00000149.jpg
lfs_00000156.jpg
It looks amazing. Cool
Thank you for kind words.

Can you imagine? I found a set of oldschool wheels that I modelled specially to fit LFS polycount back in 2007 (i had a hope). They survived at least two dead HDDs. Silvia is building since 2004, I've been waiting for this day a half of my life!

It's time to get rid of XRG wheels (i love them anyway).

[Added]

Not a fan of watanabe on S13, but it was a good starting point to fugure out how rim editor is made.
...oh and the old LFS rims had 25 edges instead of 30 now. All rims need to be fixed.

Also didn't find a quality GIF with all my rims so here's just a single each rim demo pic from 2007.
Attached images
S13_GEN3_103.jpg
lfs_00000161.jpg
Project-X_RIM_09.jpg
Project-X_RIM_08.jpg
Project-X_RIM_01.jpg
Project-X_RIM_02.jpg
Project-X_RIM_03.jpg
Project-X_RIM_05.jpg
Project-X_RIM_06.jpg
Project-X_RIM_07.jpg
Project-X_RIM_10.jpg
Project-X_RIM_11.jpg
Project-X_RIM_12.jpg
Project-X_RIM_13.jpg
Project-X_RIM_14.jpg
Project-X_RIM_04.jpg
lfs_00000165.jpg
Really nice progress there! Gotta love all the detail you put on the gauges.
Congrat me. It's finally published! It's been three and half weeks.

Mod is currently in heavy development. The goal is to create proper stock version then it will be open for public.

Right now it has:
-low quality compressed texrures.
-Terrible physics, based on screwed XR platform.
-Buggy layers that tend to crash on some configurations.
-Broken normals and screwed surfaces because of Editor's vertex autounite. Needs some work with smoothing groups.

What have been done by last week:
- All suspension points fitted to model points (Model is made by photos,
so accuracy may be a bit off the line, also it's still wider and shorter than a real car). But comparing to videos and photos rear double wishbone works with similar movement (as possible to imitate S13 multilink).
- Custom masses are made. All objects are in correct place. (can't move the spare wheel to the left as Editor don't have that option yet).
-Real numbers for chassis, battery, fuel tank capacity.
- Proper steering wheel position (but animation is still wrong)
- Proper 114x3 16" Watanabe RS8 wheels (Will be swapped to stock in future, Watanabes goes to street version later).
- Original brake calipers are finally ingame and fit well to their places.
- Brake rotors are correct size (~ F: 140x22mm R:129x9) and fitted to calipers.
- Frontend fitted with working lights (lights neeeded to be split into low and high beam, before release).
- Some default setups are updated. Two types of tranny: Stock S15 6-sp manual + Nismo 6sp for this 2,0 turbo version (other versions for 1,8 and 1,8 Turbo are ready as well for another versions of mod).
-Fixed some layer bugs, texture bugs and alpha bugs on interior.

Attached images
lfs_00000186.jpg
lfs_00000185.jpg
lfs_00000204.jpg
lfs_00000196.jpg
lfs_00000216.jpg
#22 - CV95
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :The goal is to create proper stock version then it will be open for public.

Oh, yes! Great news.
Keep up the good work!
Latest progress:

-Stock 15x6 Alloy wheels
-New LOD2 with working lights based on actual model (lowered polycount). Benefits: Lights seen from distance, proper shadow for asymmetric mirrors (L/R) and all configurations (lip/no lip, wing/no wing).
-New default skin for CA18DE version.
Not really much things done, but time spent is huge.

Adding LOD2 from low-poly clone of main model caused some mess in main object's maps. Right now spending hours to make it all work again and sort all maps in order.

To do list:
- Finishing all stock parts required before global rescale to proper dimensions
- Some engine bay parts
- Driveshaft and diff
- Fuel tank (needs some rework way too lowpoly)
- Gearbox location
- Exhaust pipe fitment (mufflers are done)
- Engine and tranny textures
+ Global texture rework to fit allowed 5 MPixels.
- Another type of Alloy wheels (Teardrops)
- Two types of stock wings
- Fbumper air duct fix
- Hood shape fix
+ Rear windshield texture
- Fit rear subframe and arms to recently found blueprints of an actual S13 subframe

Too much stuff to do...

Attached images
lfs_00000235.jpg
S13_GEN3_73.jpg
Snoop serious as always!

I like the fact that stock version comes first. Despite stock wheels sinking in arches (which is real).
Great work. Smile

Snoopy's WIP Thread.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG