The online racing simulator
Increase showed results of qualifying session
I understand that only 40 drivers can be on track simultaniously,therefor the 40 shown results limit makes sense,but in reality there are plenty drivers,who join,set time and leave server,resulting in more than 40 laptimes set,which increasingly causes headacke for race organizers when sorting grid without any insim help. Would it be possible to add the browsing through results with page up and page down keys like it works with time trial results? That way it could be also possible to increase the font size (or more like keep original size) keeping the ability of seeing more results.
Damn,I kinda thought if there was already such suggestion or not,but I guess I'm getting old. Big grin Anyway - still worth to remind. Shrug
Quote from TFalke55 :...
EDIT: maybe we two are the only ones who care, seeing it's been us two in that other thread too Big grin

Definitely not, basically most of the racing scene wishes for these kind of improvements. Big grin The times outside the Top 40 could be greyed out but still visible, or maybe even incorporate is-the-player-still-on-server check and also style those laptime rows of offline players somehow else (I might be getting away with the suggestions now Looking : maybe it could be live/dynamically reallocating those 40 spots so that if lets say 12th laptime driver is not present on server, it automatically shows 41th time as normal laptime, since they will be able to race because of an extra free spot).
A qualifying mode for one-shot qualifying would also help tremendously, especially in events doing that type of a quali - mainly to decrease confusion and eliminate the mess that comes with guarding and managing track joins/spectates, making sure everyone is only doing one hotlap, and making sure only those are allowed to join track, who actually fit into the Top40 when the session restarts and race starts.
We could use some other racing-related features as well, couldn't we? Smile
Quote from MandulAA :Definitely not, basically most of the racing scene wishes for these kind of improvements. Big grin
A qualifying mode for one-shot qualifying would also help tremendously, especially in events doing that type of a quali - mainly to decrease confusion and eliminate the mess that comes with guarding and managing track joins/spectates, making sure everyone is only doing one hotlap, and making sure only those are allowed to join track, who actually fit into the Top40 when the session restarts and race starts.
We could use some other racing-related features as well, couldn't we? Smile

Dont expect anything like this,lfs is moving to cruising,and not racing
Maybe it would be better to have the results in two or three columns? That would allow for 80 or 120 entries without need for extra buttons. I think it is better to have GUI that does not need rarely used extra buttons and would allow to show all results at once.

Qualifying modes are perfect use-case for insim or human admins, imo. Especially with how many possible variants and special rules there are.
Simple page-up/down would do the trick already for me,maybe configurable amount of results shown in one page would be good adition and I also like the idea of some kind of different marking for results of players,who are not in server anymore (different color for position number?),that's of course useful for qualifying results only,I guess.
In addition to what we have discussed here, an inclusion of the qualifying results in the online statistics in form of result pages would be a great and beneficial feature. Similarly autocross time-trails neither appear on LFSWorld.

Alternatively a native csv-export of the results from the replay could do the same or at least a similar trick. I know there are many third party solutions like champstat, LFSstats or mpRes, so it is a nice-to-have feature. However they may or may not be able to produce results for sessions LFS can show results for, I.e. multi-lap time trails (started from the autocross starting position) produce accurate results in LFS but such tools may have problems to interpret the mpr files correctly. Taking screenshots is a pragmatic solution but getting the text information out of the images is tedious to be frank.

EDIT:
Quote from Gutholz :Maybe it would be better to have the results in two or three columns? That would allow for 80 or 120 entries without need for extra buttons. I think it is better to have GUI that does not need rarely used extra buttons and would allow to show all results at once.

Qualifying modes are perfect use-case for insim or human admins, imo. Especially with how many possible variants and special rules there are.

I tend to agree, qualifying modes are definitely up to organisers to monitor and enforce. The more complex the modes the more work has to be done on their end. Here the thread and suggestion is concerning the raw result production by LFS. The Limitation to 40 result entries in all sessions is problematic when there can naturally be more then 40 racers competing in a session. Considering the current connection limit of 47 community members and having a long session it can simply occur more then 40 times are set, yet without third party solutions it will never appear in LFS it happened as the times are dropped out of the list due to the overflow.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG