The online racing simulator
(SOLVED): Didn't realize clutch was overheating.
Hello everyone, new to LFS, just had my fill of racing on Blackwood and decided to upgrade to S1.

I'm doing offline races, and I've never managed to complete any of them if the laps are more than 4, for reasons unknown to me.
I always end up pressing on the gas pedal and revving the engine up without accelerating, just as if I would've ran out of fuel, but the fuel left is more than enough. I have also avoided all kinds of contact or damage to rule out the possibility of some other mechanical failure. Mandatory pit stops are also OFF.

I know this issue will probably have a pretty obvious solution that will make me look silly, but that's what being a novice is all about.

Here's a video example:

(excuse the audio commentary, I was listening to a video while racing and it got recorded along with it.)

Thank you for reading!
Hi,
Your clutch is overheated and now it is slipping. To avoid that let go off the gas pedal for a short moment while changing gears.
to add to that, you can see the clutch temp in the F9-F12 screens
I see. I thought I was lifting sufficiently when shifting gears,but it seems that I attack the pedals way too fast when pursuing another car.
Thank you both for your help! Thumbs up

(SOLVED): Didn't realize clutch was overheating.
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG