The online racing simulator
King Of The Hill!!!
(18 posts, started )

Poll : Would you like to see the worlds best battle it out?

Yes>
No>
Can't wait>
#1 - CSU1
King Of The Hill!!!
Just a thought forgive me if it already exists.
How about getting the fastest driver from each team and putting them head to head on the track???
#2 - axus
Stupid idea. There is no such thing as "the fastest driver" in most teams - no single driver can be super-fast (ie, capable of ultimate pace) in all cars so any competition involving the "fastest drivers" of all teams will be unfair.
#3 - CSU1
! Well then a team could nominate a driver to represent their team?
Quote from axus :Stupid idea. There is no such thing as "the fastest driver" in most teams - no single driver can be super-fast (ie, capable of ultimate pace) in all cars so any competition involving the "fastest drivers" of all teams will be unfair.

Ditto
At the moment the main hotlap ranking is probably the best way to determine the "king of the hill". I guess anyone who cares is free to upload hotlaps for those 18 combos and battle it out for the title.
what's so stupid about his idea? noone was talking about a driver who does the ultimate pace in all cars either. maybe its stupid because you wouldn't be nominated by your team?

i'm always amazed how often people get slagged off for simply voicing an opinion or asking a question. some attitude, indeed.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from CSU1 :Just a thought forgive me if it already exists.
How about getting the fastest driver from each team and putting them head to head on the track???

IF it was to work you would need incredible orginization and you would need to pick out a few (i dno, 8?) car/track combos each VERY different to test each bit of the drivers skill, and as nice as it would be, i dont think it would happen
#8 - ekze
Thats a good idea. Every team can make test drives for each track\car combo and know who will race for this team in next race.
Quote from axus :Stupid idea. There is no such thing as "the fastest driver" in most teams - no single driver can be super-fast (ie, capable of ultimate pace) in all cars so any competition involving the "fastest drivers" of all teams will be unfair.

Erm, are you sure? I would say I was pretty fast in all cars bar a couple which I rarely drive but I definetely know of a few people who no matter what car they are in, they will allways produce.

And these are just people I know, what about the ones I don't know or have forgot? illepall

I think this is a good idea but it could maybe be set into classes and be more widespread so more than 1 member from each team could participate. eg the TBO classs and the GTR class, or whatever, ovcourse it would mean more servers but scene as most teams have a server or more then that wouldn't be a problem.

But I like the idea and would like to see this happen, then ask the opions of those who were negative about it.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from Bawbag :Erm, are you sure? I would say I was pretty fast in all cars bar a couple which I rarely drive but I definetely know of a few people who no matter what car they are in, they will allways produce.

And these are just people I know, what about the ones I don't know or have forgot? illepall

I think this is a good idea but it could maybe be set into classes and be more widespread so more than 1 member from each team could participate. eg the TBO classs and the GTR class, or whatever, ovcourse it would mean more servers but scene as most teams have a server or more then that wouldn't be a problem.

But I like the idea and would like to see this happen, then ask the opions of those who were negative about it.

the hardest part would be picking the combos, and of course makig it not take up to much time (seeing as if we were doing [MG] we would need to fit to 9 people (in different time zones no less!) schedules for however many races), and i have no idea how a monster team like T7R could do it
It would take a bit to organise, but a "team representative"-type comp isn't such a bad idea when you think about it. Get teams to choose a rep (either via vote or contest), choose tracks cars/classes for a season, reps compete via uploading hotlaps for the top 20 spots on the grid (could be more than one division too - like the AAL), make sure everyone can get together at the same time. Lots of people might be into racing for the glory of their team, you never know.

Might be a big logistical challenge but pitting team reps against each other certainly isn't stupid, imho
Sounds fun.
Nice idea m8 - dont let any negative comments stop you from making this happen. Its prolly best to start a poll to gauge interest & then take it from there. Good luck - id prolly take part if i wasnt so slow BUT my team-mate is very good imho.

Peace xxx
#14 - CSU1
Atm I have no idea where to even begin to start setting something like this up as I'm very new around here.Also for a better challenge we could keep the class the same doing a lottery as to which class will race on which track ie. if it works out on x date the event is the fxo on x track every team could nominate whom they think is their best fxo driver, or if ye think mixed class would better suit the day, as I said I just have no experience as an organiser for events, so your thoughts please....
Quote from BlueSkunk :what's so stupid about his idea? noone was talking about a driver who does the ultimate pace in all cars either. maybe its stupid because you wouldn't be nominated by your team?

i'm always amazed how often people get slagged off for simply voicing an opinion or asking a question. some attitude, indeed.

Well said.
very nice idea, it will be a lot of fun to watch the replay then!
btw i think it will require much organization as already pointed out...good luck!

PS i think you will need a way to select the best teams, because there are plenty of teams out there (maybe a tournament will solve this giving the opportunity to every team to partecipate), also would be nice if there will be a way for teamless users to partecipate.
I like the idea !
Quote from Jakg :the hardest part would be picking the combos, and of course makig it not take up to much time (seeing as if we were doing [MG] we would need to fit to 9 people (in different time zones no less!) schedules for however many races), and i have no idea how a monster team like T7R could do it

We all just cancelled our jobs and now the timezones doesn't matter.

No tbh Timezones are a big problem (i.e often when I have go to bed our canadian drivers comes and we only say hello bye bye same with the South Africans etc.)

But you are right a big part would be picking the combos.
And don't forget the rules, then the timezones etc.
Really much work and I don't think this will happen or is possible in a short space of time.

Anyway not the poorest idea

For CSU1:
You said you don't have experience. Maybe you should start with organizing something smaller first and then you find out how much work things like that can be. Try maybe just a 4 weeks Racing Cup with 4 Races and 15 Drivers. Try to make the results and rules and think about how and where to store and show it etc. etc. It's pretty much work but then you got a feeling for things like that and afterwards you know if you like it or not.

King Of The Hill!!!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG