The online racing simulator
Simulate VR headset render
(7 posts, started )
Hello [Scawen ?),
If someone wants to test the possibility of running LFS with a VR headset, is it possible to simulate all the graphical computation load that it would generate?
I see in View > 3D the choice "3D viewer" which seems interestning to test but it does not seem to be possible to define the computed resolution (eg: simulate the graphic calculation of an image 4000x1000 if we want to acquire a VR headset 2 x 2000x1000).
How to test this?
#2 - gu3st
You may be able to install Oculus software and then in Oculus Debug Tool tehre's a "debug HMD type" option.
OK, thanks ! I didn't know because I have a Pimax.
I will test if 1- it works without Oculus (obviously yes) and 2- if we can choose a higher resolution than the Oculus
Any reason for not just using the SteamVR Performance Test?

Admittedly, you can't change default resolution for test, but if it won't pass default, then no way will it go larger resolution.

Quote from gu3st :You may be able to install Oculus software and then in Oculus Debug Tool there's a "debug HMD type" option.

Couldn't find this setting after opening the Debug Tool.
Attached images
Oculus Debug Tool.png
#5 - gu3st
Quote from sinanju :Any reason for not just using the SteamVR Performance Test?

Admittedly, you can't change default resolution for test, but if it won't pass default, then no way will it go larger resolution.

Couldn't find this setting after opening the Debug Tool.

10th option down in the main set.
And I only got new specs about a month ago :/
Tried to use the 'debug HMD type' in CV1 mode, on my Oculus Rift CV1, but on the 3 attempts I made to run it, my Rift stopped working each time with an HDMI cable connection error.

Tried taking HDMI cable out of both pc and headset, and reconnecting both ends, but still same issue.

On each attempt, even after closing the debug program, still couldn't get my Rift to work, and had to go into Task Manager to close all the Oculus processes down. Also closed LFS. Once I'd done all that, re-started LFS in 3d mode, which opened Oculus, and Rift working again.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG