The online racing simulator
Swirl Sport '06
(98 posts, started )
Swirl Sport '06
Hi!

Let me introduce my little love project I've been working on for quite a while now. 100% my work, including every poly of the model. Currently it is only the street version, but a cup and a hillclimb version is already in developement aswell. Hope you'll love it as much as I do for more than a decade now.
Attached images
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
Cute little car! Heart Nice work on the 3D model too. Thumbs up
Awesome!!! I Love this car. Excelent job with the model.
Quote from m3marte :Awesome!!! I Love this car. Excelent job with the model.

Thank you, really appreciate it! Still heavily in development, needs some texturing, proper sound and the wheels are just placeholders right now, this will all be fixed in the first patch.
Wow, brilliant 3D work!
#7 - Tazka
Next level 3D skills! Love how well you made the lights&interior.
#8 - lfsrm
oh wow that's alot of details, top quality! I wonder how much triangles you got in this ?

Can't wait to drive it ! Smile
Thank you so much guys!

I've been building it for quite a while now, originally for BeamNG, thats why it had to be so detailed, but the second LFS has started supporting mods, it was a no brainer to take a break with that project and build it here beforehand, since IMO this is the best platform to make such a small car fun and lively.

In the images you can see parts of the full scanned data of the car aswell, which was my guide during the modeling process of the exterior and interior aswell.
Attached images
ssrearscan2.jpg
ssstudio6.jpg
sssuspscan.png
swiftstudio3.jpg
swiftstudio4.jpg
received_320273748770916.jpeg
Quote from lfsrm :oh wow that's alot of details, top quality! I wonder how much triangles you got in this ?

Can't wait to drive it ! Smile

According to the editor the current state has 58399 tris, which would roughly stay the same even after I finish everything.

It is in the hands of the devs now, hopefully they will have time for it during the weekend.
I think I've managed to dial in the physics pretty good, I'm quite satisfied with it.
Looks awesome!! So nice to see another 3d scan coming to LFS.

Mods are about to become as real as they can be! Can't wait to try it out!
Great work.
Nice job!!! Thanks!! Smile
Love this, I've driven this in real life and the interior is ridiculously accurate. Great work!
great ! you plan a Cup version ? >> Top GREAT !! Thumbs up
I'm so happy to see this warm welcome.
The first little update is out with the followings:

Version 2

- tweaked suspension geometry
- added textures for interior labels
- fixed badly oriented fuel and water gauges
- added color variants
- wheels can now be colored aswell
- less agressive limited slip differential (trying to balance it)

If you have any suggestions on what should be fixed or improved, feel free to tell me. Have fun!
This mod sets the level. DevTeam will be very proud. Very good job.

+1 to what @Tomfuel asked
Quote from m3marte :This mod sets the level. DevTeam will be very proud. Very good job.

+1 to what @Tomfuel asked

Absolute pleasure to read your comment (from all of you guys), really appreciate it! Shy
Yes, as I mentioned in the description a "cup" and some sort of a hillclimb monster is already taking shape. I'll post teasers as soon as I can.
Just out of curiosity, how does scanning actually work? I see you've used a Kinect to do it, obviously there is a need for a specific software but i'm kinda interested in the process of that, seeing as i have a useless kinect laying around too Big grin

The car felt great when i tried it, didn't test it too throughout but it wasn't too bad driving in the autocross LX week layouts. Maybe steering ratio felt a bit too high(as in unsensitive) but you propably know better what ratio this thing should have than me Big grin
This is really bloody impressive, adore driving it!
I was wondering whether a skin template comes available in the near future?
Quote from nikopdr :Just out of curiosity, how does scanning actually work? I see you've used a Kinect to do it, obviously there is a need for a specific software but i'm kinda interested in the process of that, seeing as i have a useless kinect laying around too Big grin

The car felt great when i tried it, didn't test it too throughout but it wasn't too bad driving in the autocross LX week layouts. Maybe steering ratio felt a bit too high(as in unsensitive) but you propably know better what ratio this thing should have than me Big grin

I've used a software called Skanect with the Kinect scanner to create the guide mesh, which is insanely high poly, even editing it feels like slow motion.

I have about 20-25 similar scans of the car, each containing different parts of it (spliting it makes the editing process easier). Once I stich them together the modeling process can begin. I already had one version in a pretty advanced state when I heard about the scanning, it seemed easier to start the whole model again from the ground up, but I was so much more confident about the precision of my work, so I went further and further in the details. We are talking about years here, still missing a lot for my eyes, but even the majority of the existing details/parts needed to be excluded for this LFS project.
Quote from Averro :This is really bloody impressive, adore driving it!
I was wondering whether a skin template comes available in the near future?

Sure, the next thing I'll be focusing on is the skin templates.
Version 3

- minor tweaks in the rear suspension
- added details in the suspension meshes
- added front and rear grills with radiator texture in the front
Attached images
V3_3.png
V3_4.png
V3_5.png
Great mod, nice and detailed and fun to drive! My only suggestions would be to fix rear light indicators and if at all possible, a RHD option (currently LHD only Frown)

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for this mod!
Quote from notsosideways :Great mod, nice and detailed and fun to drive! My only suggestions would be to fix rear light indicators and if at all possible, a RHD option (currently LHD only Frown)

Looking forward to seeing what's in store for this mod!

I just realised that using an image texture for the side indicators messes up the other indicators, even though they are on a different cutout. Temporarily fixed by removing that texture.

RHD is in the short-term plans.

Swirl Sport '06
(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG