The online racing simulator
private messages on racing server
how about we have a private messages system on the racing server's?

it will be very usefull for admins to alert a user or to others users chat while a racing is going on

sorry if it's already suggested before, if it was, please close this topic

sorry for bad english
I can't imagine single situation where I would need this, but not a bad suggestion at all. Sounds like a good feature anyway.
There are lot of those where admin could use it I suppose, but it could bring up problems as harrassig people constantly. If someone does that now the whole server sees it and probably gets annoyed in the spam and can do something about it. Offcourse we could have private message block but then the admin couldn't use it either to usefull messages.
#4 - joen
I agree about the harrassing, I have no doubt that this would happen.
I don't need private messaging personally, but as long as there's an option to disable them (permanently, not every time you enter a server) I say go ahead.
Maybe there could be an exception rule for pm's from admins.
#5 - filur

/rcm [I]message[/I]
/rcm_ply [I]username[/I]

wait a while.. (amount of time you want the message to be shown)

/rcc_ply [I]username[/I]

Admins only, racecontrol message (big centered letters), annoying to type out, hard to miss, should work good enough when you really need to send a "pm".
#6 - Jakg
does that work to an individual player? if so the OMG that is useful to me!
yes, there is the rcm

but everytime that an admin need to send a message he needs to edit the rcm, and thats ins't a quick(easy) way to alert a racer

it would be good if we have a system like the normal messages, where we can block the messages, and an admin can send a private message using the /msg command, but only the racer that he wants to alert will see the message
i guess
i guess this is the right place to ask...

where can i find the code or w/e that can make me (act) as other person... pretend i am fred, i want to be john and I want to make it so whatever i put in the text makes it look like john said it even though i said it?? Thanks

-me the n00b
#9 - Jakg
ok, not sure i see a useful application of this, but the only way is just to rename the player, but it will say "Dustin" renamed to "Joe" or whatever

there is a kind of way if your a server admin

/msg John:message
thats what i was lookiing for thx :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG