The online racing simulator
Client side tyres?
(4 posts, started )
Client side tyres?
Sorry, not sure whether I should be posting this here or not. Seems more like a bug than an improvement suggestion.
It seems that the positioning of barrier tyres on the track (ie, after someone hits them, or your client thinks they've been hit) is not a server side thing, but client side yeah? I just suffered a bit of a loss in my Monday league race, chasing down 1st and I spear a tyre in the middle of a chicane. Of the 2 replays shown so far, the tyre is not there, I just spin violently off. I forgot to save my replay

Seems a little unfair if some players do not have tyres on the track at the same time as others do...
Yeah, it's client side.

The easiest way of resolving this would be, er, not having tyres on the circuit. Have proper penalties for cutting corners. Or more gravel instead of grass.
For instance, Scawen explained the behaviour of moving objects here, so your replay - when related to some kind of moving object - is important.
I guess the fact that they are deleted is a start / acknowledgement of this problem. Still don't like it

Client side tyres?
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG