The online racing simulator
Custom Force Feedback Options
(27 posts, started )
Quote from StewartFisher :The spring effect just gives you a centering force, doesn't it? I don't use it as the FF in LFS gives me all the centering force I need.
As I said before, the damping setting has no effect at all for me in LFS (using DFP).

Spring effect and Centering spring forces are two separate things. The centering spring (bottom slider) is for centering the wheel. It was suggested in the past to leave it checked but turn the slider to 0. I think it was a bug in the Logitech drivers and version 4.60 fixed it. So, no need for it to be checked anymore. The spring effect has something to do with the actual force feedback. Not sure exactly what it does, may have read it is a setting for canned effects on other games, but I do have the damper set way up. I get kind of a force feedback lag where I don't feel the car getting loose (oversteer) until it is too late to recover. Now I can feel it first before my sight reacts to seeing it. There have been plenty of arguements on RSC about these settings. Some swear by everything 0 except the overall force at 100% and others have argued about changing the damping to over 100% because of what I said about mine.
Quote from BLooDMaN :Momo Racing (black) and I have a few different profiles for LFS but now I'm trying this one:

Overal 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 0%
Enable Centering Spring....
Centering Spring 0%

I'm using this based on what I've read on the old RSC forums

These settings are actually quite bad despite what most people will tell you, spring and damper do not add anything and setting them to zero will only remove forces generated by LFS. Try putting both spring and damper to the defaults of 100% and see how it feels, I suspect you will start feeling more forces along the lines of what you expected in the beginning. Once when I tried setting damper and spring to 0% as recommended by others it simply felt like most of the forces were removed. I started looking into it and couldn't find any proof that they should be set to 0%, it's mainly a leftover from older titles like GPL which don't relate to modern titles like LFS much at all. You'll notice most people using such settings ramp up the strength in LFS to compensate.
If it still doesn't feel quite right then fiddle with the settings to find a balance that you like. The one thing I must stress is that when it comes to ffb do not rely on other people to tell you what is right, even me

Custom Force Feedback Options
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG