SNAKE-Z
(16 posts, started )
SNAKE-Z
Vehicle mod: SNAKE-Z
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/9E2871

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :Funly and power RWD car

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :RWD car with 7L V8 and 431bhp 648nm engine and 4nd H-pattern gearbox.

COVER SCREENSHOT:
It sounds like a car from Jetsons xD. The car feels nice and it is pretty, the only problem i got was with the steering, which has only 720°.
Cool mod, but takashi_fujimoto is right. The Vee8 sounds weird and in addition it is mounted transverse.

Longitudal engine mounting + default sound set with "crossplane" option ticked on = 10/10
Thumbs up Might need wider rear tires too

But it's awesome. Had a lot of fun already
Quote from AmbitiousButRubbish :Cool mod, but takashi_fujimoto is right. The Vee8 sounds weird and in addition it is mounted transverse.

Longitudal engine mounting + default sound set with "crossplane" option ticked on = 10/10

what is "crossplane" option?
It is extremely fun to race on short races. I kill my tire smiling! Yummy!
Quote from Mr. Apex :IMHO crossplane refers to the crankshaft. An engine can have
  • a Flat-Plane crankshaft
  • a Cross-Plane crankshaft
Read this article if you wanna know more: https://www.motortrend.com/how ... ne-and-flat-plane-cranks/

I know what cross-planes and flat-planes are, I was refering to what cross-plane option since there is no one in-game
The cross plane check box is in the engine window
Quote from FFIVGUY :I know what cross-planes and flat-planes are, I was refering to what cross-plane option since there is no one in-game

Wink
Attached images
crosssplane.jpg
This is an insanely fun car to drive.
Very high quality model and great physics. Thanks!
Should be 'Approved' to get more visibility.
I'm nearly ready to approve this mod, but I gave it a test and it has one tiny problem. The engine rotation is the wrong way.

It needs to be set to "clockwise". The setting is in "Object Positions" in the vehicle editor.

You know when it's correct as when you blip the throttle, the left side of the car will lift.

This is the case for nearly every car ever made with a longitudinally mounted engine.
great car to drive, i confused a bit how fast it can drift
Approved this car as it's a lot of fun to drive, and the engine rotation is now correct.

But I would like to mention that the animation should be improved. The hands don't follow the wheel.
Congrats Lucky on the mod approval!
Was this mod removed?

SNAKE-Z
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG