The online racing simulator
1920' Racing car
(92 posts, started )
I finally got around to trying this mod.
Top class in all categories! Thanks!
Thank u!
Hi Tom, As per my message to you. We need to get that Locked DIFF back as an option (but with out all the LSD modern stuff) Just an Open & Locked Diff Option. To be honest it needs it on track and dirt in my opinion. The Diff was picked up as an issue buy a number of racers.

Being Period Correct, The day after the first Open Diff Race Car hit the track somebody locked one up to go faster off the line and with poor tyre grip...Its a known fact :-)

Personally Id also like to see one of the following also, Just Slightly more power. 5 Bhp we talked about. OR a little narrower tyres.

Do them two things and you have a brilliant race car
Quote from finlay :Just an Open & Locked Diff Option.

Unfortunatelly LFS editor does not allow that,because there are 2 options - open diff only or all. And if all selected,then there are again 2 options - single setting differential or not (single setting means no division in power/coast).
as Eclipsed said, the editor does not offer these option "lock & open" only. Uh-hu
i really want to keep the 1920 spirit and reactions on asphalt with "open diff" for all in the setting.

i will post a request for this availability int the Editor.

but to keep this car attractive on dirt tracks, i think about a Special dirt edition for the T28 (a separate mod) with side exhaust, only Dirt tyres and a reflection about your proposal for narrower tyres Uhmm
This is my first skin for this mod! Smile
Attached images
screenshot tommy.png
screenshot tommy2.png
wow, this first personnal skin is hot ! ^^
Flamin 8! Greta mod indeed
V5 online
- more details on engine like exhausts, air filters and more !
- rear suspensions attachement redesign according to setups variations
The car drives well and looks good, it just feels indestructible - i had to try hard to get any suspension damage while crashing sideways into the wall. I wonder if this can be changed somehow?
thanks for your feedback
i think leaf suspensions are not easily destructible in real.
i don't know if wheel damage can be set in Editor

> i will take a look at the damage mesh in LOD2 and test. Wink
Congrats on the staff pick!
thanks Loopingz ! yeah, it's a great news for the T28 !

Quote from Kid222 :The car drives well and looks good, it just feels indestructible - i had to try hard to get any suspension damage while crashing sideways into the wall. I wonder if this can be changed somehow?

i tried too yesterday and effectively, with F10 key showing, it seems hard to destroy susp with simply side contact.
i succeed a little orange but the car was undrivable ! with the wheel controller blocked at 90° and the wheel totally unaxed to the rear. so i can say the car was destroyed and undrivable, but F10 key doesnt shown really that.

i will look at front suspension options (instead of linear susp) but one more time, perhaps it is reality near about leaf suspension hardness

enjoy races with this old car.
i spent time to build mc pherson at front to test breakable consequence
and that is the same result, the car became really hard to drive with much impact to the wheel control and struggle to keep straight but F10 does not shown too much orange.

so the result of test is : the car is destructible at least
Attached images
lfs_00000257.jpg
V8 is online
updates :
- recovering engine sound like the V1,2 & 3 (more vintage)
- little details on the front arms susp & direction
- 540° steering wheel ! for more immersive experience (with his animation remade )
here is a video to show the leaning animation of the Driver with real Humans in race Smile

1920' Racing car
(92 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG