The online racing simulator
What is the best setting, or technique that can be used for not wasting too much fuel
Hello. I think all of you guys think this is such a stupid question, but I am serious LOL. Soon there is going to be a race event where the fuels are limited. The race is about who will be able to run more laps than other with that limited fuel. XRG has fuel of 50%, and XFG has 60% fuel. The track we are using is Aston Grand Prix. The prediction for the XRG with 50% is 20 or more laps.

So this is the main topic. How can I run XRG with not wasting too much fuel. This could be on driving technique and the car setting.

And I dont want to hear the comment like "On the car setting, put more than 50% fuel." LOL

Sorry I have bad English, Thanks for your help!
My guess is use full throttle at low RPM's and just keep the RPM's low with gear reduction. Also, if you're using the brakes (or engine braking) a lot, you're increasing the energy used per distance.
Yeah, straddle the torque peak rather than the power peak (engine rpm wise, that is). All I can think of initially.

Other than drive slow, of course.
Quote from Bob Smith :Yeah, straddle the torque peak rather than the power peak (engine rpm wise, that is). All I can think of initially.

Other than drive slow, of course.

Yep you can conserve almost about half the amount of your fuel consumption per lap if you drive slower through the gears.

If rules allow, you could also bind a button to your ignition key, and whenever you coast in a long corner or brake, just hit it, shut off the engine, and then it starts right back up instantly . This of course, is not a fair plan, but.... if they allow it, lol (But it is good if you are almost to making your last lap (or in last sector and need to pit) and you don't have enough fuel to make it to the finish line or pits.
Well, what you could do, is edit the setup so, that the tyres give as little resistance as possible. And offcourse edit the gearbox settings, so you don't have to drive in high revs too often. Also get off the throttle earlier, and don't brake too hard. And don't forget to get your foot off the pedal while shifting.
Press the clutch when you are coasting.
Don't use hybrid tyres.
Use high tyre pressures.
Set toe-in to zero.

Maybe it also helps if you dial in lots of camber. Theoretically, this reduces the size of the contact patch and hence the rolling resistance.
#7 - CSU1
You could throw a sneaky can of gas in the trunk, and when no one is looking, pull over n' top her up.
Thanks for help guys!!

Quote from CSU1 :You could throw a sneaky can of gas in the trunk, and when no one is looking, pull over n' top her up.

Haha, thats nice. Might wanna try that if possible LOL
Hmmm, in the BF1 I was able to get fuel consumption down from 3.7 per lap to 0.4-0.5 per lap on KY NAT by driving in 5th gear with 20% throttle at about 70km/h (yes, I try these things when I'm bored ) Not the fastest way to do it, but a nice way to cut down on fuel consumption. Of course, using this style with 50% fuel and an XRG you might be racing all day, literally
yup driving in last gear slowly will get your consumption very low... it will take very long to drive the most laps... we once had a "consumption" race, but to leave in some thrills, the driver who was last on every 10th lap was dropped out...
Quote from d1daisuki :

......Sorry I have bad English, Thanks for your help!

Send a PM to Shige Tanaka over at Frex. He needs someone like you to translate his instruction leaflets!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG