The online racing simulator
Engine power with restriction applied
From InSim, is there a way to determine what a car's engine power is with an air take restriction applied?

With mod support we have unrestricted power provided, but I suspect it depends on internal parameters of the engine, so is not readily available.

Don't really want to have to manually enter in a minimum value for each car, and it's not linear from 0 to 50% anyway.
#2 - Racon
Quote from PeterN :Don't really want to have to manually enter in a minimum value for each car, and it's not linear from 0 to 50% anyway.

I did exactly that with the standard cars way back when... can confirm it's a lot of faffing to obtain values that are only 'ballpark'.
What you want is not really possible i think.
The only thing i've attempted is make classes (like GTR/GT2/GT3) and enforce these; rejecting the join request if mass/restriction don't match.

This requires a bit of labour and i think this might even be better. This way you actually think about it and tweak the restrictions instead of just applying a general formula.

Because for example;
A turbocharged car reacts very differently to intake restriction than one without turbo. But reading your post i'd assume you're very much aware of this.

The introduction of mods opens up a whole new can of worms. It used to be simple :-)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG