The online racing simulator
Microphone Problem
(4 posts, started )
Microphone Problem
I bought a 'pro series' skype headset microphone about 2 weeks ago, and for about a week it worked fine, but then it suddenly started making a low hum/buzz whenever i record any sounds, or use teamspeak etc., i have tried my webcam microphone, and that works is fine, so it is not my sound card. The speakers also work on the headset, so it cannot be a loose wire can it?

When i am not using it i wrap the wire loosly around the headset, so that couldnt have caused the problem. Anyway, i paid about £35 for them, so they cant have that bad build quality?? ive read about a 'ground loop' but if they were working for a week without any issues, it surely cant be...

Anyway, someone PLEASE help me, because unfortunately, i seem to have lost the receipt , thanks
To state the obvious; Have you tried adjusting the record volumes?
#3 - SamH
Make sure Mic Boost isn't on in the recording properties window, and the record volume is adjusted accordingly. Also make sure that the webcam microphone isn't connected when you're using the headset. I've known webcam microphones "overlay" audio, very often adding the sound of your PC fans and other ambient sounds into the mix, even when supposedly "disabled".
The record volumes are exactly the same as they was when the mic was working, i havent touched them, i have messed around with them a min ago, but no change.

Mic boost isnt on, and the webcam is unplugged when i have the headset plugged in.

I recorded the strange buzzing noise using windows sound recorder, i wasnt speaking into the microphone, and there wasnt any background noise. As you can hear it is clearly not ambient, and is a very loud and strange noise.

Any suggestions/probable causes?

thanks, Brad
Attached files
microphone noise.rar - 19.7 KB - 150 views

Microphone Problem
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG