(18 posts, closed, started )
Update W56
EDITOR changes from W55 to W56:

More detailed RB4 included

LFS changes from W54 to W56:

More detailed RB4 included
Various translations have been updated

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/95664
I see there are double sided windows now, but it's darker when you look outside, other cars are not like that, was this intended? Maybe the front window should not be darker from inside.
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
New RB4: keyhole object at the back is not visible in-game (left: editor, right: in-game; both W56)

(great work on it though, looks really detailed now!)
Attached images
Screenshot 2021-12-09 131516.jpg
This thing and probably some other buttons are not mirrored when you are LHD , ofc on RHD it looks ok.
Quote from MandulAA :New RB4: keyhole object at the back is not visible in-game (left: editor, right: in-game; both W56)

More precisely, the rear keyhole triangles are mistakenly set to swap sides.
Small bug, this triangle appears blue because it has been built twice.
Attached images
lfs_00000006.jpg
#7 - Tazka
Looks very nice overall. Only thing that bothers me is the lfs logo on the steering wheel. It looks kinda tacky compared to the rest of the interior. I think it would be nicer if it was completely circular and engraved on to the wheel. Or then no logo at all.
#8 - Eric
Quote from Evolution_R :I see there are double sided windows now, but it's darker when you look outside, other cars are not like that, was this intended? Maybe the front window should not be darker from inside.

It was intentional, actually. Scawen has noted the same glass darkness issue, so I've now made the glass single sided.
#9 - Eric
Quote from MandulAA :New RB4: keyhole object at the back is not visible in-game (left: editor, right: in-game; both W56)

(great work on it though, looks really detailed now!)

Thanks for finding that. I've fixed that in my version.
#10 - Eric
Quote from Scawen :Small bug, this triangle appears blue because it has been built twice.

Thanks, Scawen. That's been fixed.
#11 - Eric
Quote from superlame :This thing and probably some other buttons are not mirrored when you are LHD , ofc on RHD it looks ok.

Thanks.
Not quite sure what to do about that yet. I'll look into it.
#12 - Eric
Quote from Tazka :Looks very nice overall. Only thing that bothers me is the lfs logo on the steering wheel. It looks kinda tacky compared to the rest of the interior. I think it would be nicer if it was completely circular and engraved on to the wheel. Or then no logo at all.

Yeah, the logo looks a bit bling compared to the rest of the cockpit. I'll try muting the shine and darken it a bit.
The female driver's finger go thru the wheel. Overall I love the new design!

On another note: I noticed the dashboard background is all black now compared to the previous one (w4x version, 2nd pic). Is this a placeholder or is it intended?
Attached images
lfs_00000022.png
lfs_00000002.jpg
Oh nice update! very clean modeling as usual Thumbs up, must looks very cool with the new graphics update.

Personally I prefer the logo to be a little bit smaller.

It's me or there is no default skin yet ?

Edit : nvm, it's in the editor but not in the game directory, a simple copy/past should resolve this.
#15 - Eric
Quote from lfsrm :Oh nice update! very clean modeling as usual Thumbs up, must looks very cool with the new graphics update.

Thanks lfsrm! It looks a bit "modelled by hand" in a lot of places, so there's potential for it to look cleaner. But that's hard to do without some tools to make it easier

Quote from lfsrm :Personally I prefer the logo to be a little bit smaller.

Understood. I tried to scale the logo down but when the vertices get too small the Editor complains.
I might have to think about other solutions.
Eric said I could do an editor export of his RB4 updates from today so you can check if the bugs you reported have been fixed, in advance of another test patch tomorrow. The veh and steering animation are attached.

This is only for use in the EDITOR!
Attached files
move_rb4.zip - 11.9 KB - 126 views
RB4 GT.zip - 211.7 KB - 107 views
I overall like it, but the only thing which is bothering me are the tinted windows, they are slightly too dark for me
Thank you for the feedback. I'll close this thread as there is a new version W57.
This thread is closed

W56: More detailed RB4 GT
(18 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG