(8 posts, started )
XR GTS CUP
Vehicle mod: XR GTS CUP
Details page: https://www.lfs.net/files/vehmods/AF909F

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
Quote :XR GTS Cup

DESCRIPTION:
Quote :XR GTS Cup

With measly power of 180hp 2 Litre inline 4 screaming at 8600rpm, the whole body are prepped to do some trackday fun, it may lose to original XRT on the straightways for sure, but it will comeback swiftly on every corner, making it's the most fun to drive car in LFS universe, and also a faster laptime compared to XRT car Tongue

Changelog:

v0.1
-initial release
-bodykit
-setup
-engine
-skin

COVER SCREENSHOT:
I love the concept of this! I always said I think there should be cup version of the base model cars, stock body with stripped interior roll cage and minor exterior changes.

I think the engine could use some work there’s 1200 rpm’s that don’t do anything red line might as well be 8,000 not 8,600. I think the car would benefit with a 200HP and 150 FTLbs torque
Quote from martin18 :I love the concept of this! I always said I think there should be cup version of the base model cars, stock body with stripped interior roll cage and minor exterior changes.

I think the engine could use some work there’s 1200 rpm’s that don’t do anything red line might as well be 8,000 not 8,600. I think the car would benefit with a 200HP and 150 FTLbs torque

Hey, Thanks for the feedback, yeah, I think The powercurve still not right, because I aiming for fun to drive that's mean low end torque will not be sacrificed, hence not too wild and too kicked-in

might coming soon with corrected ones, and remove the WIP badge once done Smile
I love this mod and looked for this thread to write same feedback as martin18 already did. Looks good and feels nice to drive, just bit underpowered and please allow other types of slick tires, its hard to keep optimal temperature of r4's. Smile
Quote from neonmateo :I love this mod and looked for this thread to write same feedback as martin18 already did. Looks good and feels nice to drive, just bit underpowered and please allow other types of slick tires, its hard to keep optimal temperature of r4's. Smile

Thanks man, I dont know if 200hp will still slower on straightline, as the goal is making this car to be feel underpowered and hopeless on any long-wide chicane but catching up on the corner, which will beneficial if compete on technical course, or any short to medium course

for the tyres, I'm afraid if it go higher than R4 will less enjoyable, but lemme test it again and decide on next update. thanks anyway for the input Smile
Good point, if you have a vision of your mod keep it, dont change it, I suggested it without thinking the backstory.
Quote from ivancsx :Hey, Thanks for the feedback, yeah, I think The powercurve still not right, because I aiming for fun to drive that's mean low end torque will not be sacrificed, hence not too wild and too kicked-in

might coming soon with corrected ones, and remove the WIP badge once done Smile

I think its fine as it is..

Making perfect engines only means less realism in the long term. I think it suits just fine.

I have to say this mod slipped under my radar completely and then I tried it, I really enjoy this car. I think it definitely has a place in LFS league racing for multiclass stuff.

I think your philosophy behind this car is spot on, R4's slow top speed but awesome in the corners any softer tyre than r4 will kill this car, so you are right to stick to that point.
Alright !! XR GTS Cup has been finished and WIP badge has been removed

this mod are finish at it is

Changelog final:
-2L engine now based on 3S-GE "mild tune" 7600rpm, 180hp, it still fun because final gear has been tuned to 4.300, quite fun I suppose for trackday or cup racing
-added towhook
-fixing some mesh, now smooth as factory

XR GTS CUP
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG